Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does sliming mean/feel like and other FAQ's

Well my topic is self-explanatory. I keep hearing about "sliming" and I would like to know what you guys mean by that and what exactly it feels like. I know what being "stuck" means but I never heard of sliming until I came to this forum. I'm a noob.

Also, I've been trying to find an FAQ section for the terminology used but I haven't found it yet. I've come across some other terms too that i'm just not familiar with yet- like NSV. So if someone could like me to another post where these terms have been addressed or something that would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

Well my topic is self-explanatory. I keep hearing about "sliming" and I would like to know what you guys mean by that and what exactly it feels like. I know what being "stuck" means but I never heard of sliming until I came to this forum. I'm a noob.

Also, I've been trying to find an FAQ section for the terminology used but I haven't found it yet. I've come across some other terms too that i'm just not familiar with yet- like NSV. So if someone could like me to another post where these terms have been addressed or something that would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance!

You'll know it when/if it happens. To bring it on, eat fast, don't chew. If u don't 'slime', something's wrong. LoL....

NSV means Non-Scale Victory. Like when the scal doesn't move but you drop a pants size, or you can cross your legs normally when you couldn't before, you don't have to use a seatbelt extender on an airplane anymore, etc.

Thanks Saraboo, that makes sense! I still would like a description of sliming if anyone wants to give it a try. You can be as graphic as necessary!

Thanks Saraboo, that makes sense! I still would like a description of sliming if anyone wants to give it a try. You can be as graphic as necessary!

You asked for this. LoL.... Anyway, you'll get a sensation that flem is building up in your throat. If you try to swallow, it seems to 'grow.' You'll get to the point of nausea. At which time it's time to head for the 'John' & let it fly. After that, you can resume eating probably without further incident. Graphic enough? I've reached a point when I can sense it's happening, at which time I just excuse my self & head for the 'John.' Most often it will subside just by getting up & walking. Medically speaking, I've been told that the 'slime' build up is your body's way of trying to get the 'stuck' food past the band. Hope this helps. Dan

Interesting. This was really helpful. God I hope it doesn't happen to me. Ive been very diligent about slow eating and chewing though, because I HATE throwing up. And sliming sounds gross. But I'm glad you got specific. Thanks Dan!

Interesting. This was really helpful. God I hope it doesn't happen to me. Ive been very diligent about slow eating and chewing though, because I HATE throwing up. And sliming sounds gross. But I'm glad you got specific. Thanks Dan!

U R very welcome. Hang in there. It's worth it.

Dan

I was the same way and then came the 4 wks post op slime lol, its not a milestone its just the time when i had it. my doc moved me real fast to normal foods, so in my getting everyone ready i took a little to big of a bite of chicken and a small peice went down without much chewing, NOT FUN! stuck and slimed! it will happen to everyone at some point its a very good thing to learn from tho!!

Sliming is not like throwing up... it kinda just slides right back up your throat...and you're left wondering where did all of this slime come from. It's really pretty gross!!! Don't attempt to eat anything in the car...because you will tend to eat it too fast, even if it's healthy....I did it once and was lucky that I had an empty cup in the car, because when the slime comes...it doesn't stop until what is stuck comes out or goes down. Good Luck... but I'm sure the slime will come soon enough...I knew that eating too fast was going to be trouble for me...I'd worked in restaurants for many yrs and it was just habit to eat fast...because if you didn't eat fast and it got busy...you wouldn't get to eat at all.. My Dr. told me that I would work it out once I got banded...and he was right... I have slowed down alot, especially now that I have good restriction, because I don't like to Slime!!

BamaMom- Amy

I thought it would never happen to me I'm 5 mths post-op I drank Water too fast & got this feeling in my throat,I thought I had to burp but this glob came up YUCK,won't gulp again sip,sip,sip.

Someone help me please. I don't know if this is sliming or not, but Im miserable right now. I don't know whats going on. I have a tightness just below my sternum and I feel like something is stuck in my throat or somewhere. I can't lay down. I'm uncomfortable. I feel like I need to throw up ,but nothing will come up. I'm miserable. Can anyone give me some advice!!!!

You would know it if you were sliming. What you are is stuck. Try raising yoru arms above your head, or walking around. You're not going to get relief until whatever it is comes back up, or finally moves down. If you were sliming, you'd have stuff coming back up, but not the food.< /p>

i'm so glad this was posted. i wondered what sliming was, too. i'm still trying to fully understand what a PB is....I heard it was called productive burping? I don't know.