Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods for best weight loss

I am ready to get the scale moving again. I am on my second fill and I feel some restriction. I need help with what kinds of food are you all eating to loose weight. What does a meal consist of for you?

Thanks

Still trying

I am ready to get the scale moving again. I am on my second fill and I feel some restriction. I need help with what kinds of food are you all eating to loose weight. What does a meal consist of for you?

Thanks

Still trying

It really is all about calories in calories out; you need to burn more calories than you eat or eat less calories than you burn. No specific list of foods is going to guarantee weight loss. I'd suggest sticking to eating your Protein first, especially chicken, turkey, and fish. Try to get 3-4oz each meal. Eat vegetables and fruits as well, and if you're still hungry eat a little bit of starch. (ie. corn, Beans, rice)

On a daily basis I am eating eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, chicken, Beans, rice, mixed vegetables, fruit, cheese, Protein (on weight-lifting days), cottage cheese, Protein Bar, greek yogurt, broccoli, carrots, etc. I believe variety is important. :) Find what works for you..

Good luck.

:)I agree with the calorie counting. I do about 1200 calories per day. Try to get your Protein in but also make sure you are exercising. If u are losing 1 lbs a week without... You'll lose 2lbs with exercise added into your daily regime. I wish you luck!

It really is all about calories in calories out; you need to burn more calories than you eat or eat less calories than you burn. No specific list of foods is going to guarantee weight loss. I'd suggest sticking to eating your Protein first, especially chicken, turkey, and fish. Try to get 3-4oz each meal. Eat vegetables and fruits as well, and if you're still hungry eat a little bit of starch. (ie. corn, Beans, rice)

On a daily basis I am eating eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, chicken, Beans, rice, mixed vegetables, fruit, cheese, protein (on weight-lifting days), cottage cheese, Protein Bar, greek yogurt, broccoli, carrots, etc. I believe variety is important. :) Find what works for you..

Good luck.

1200 calories is on the money. You don't want to go to low and join the Starvation Nation: Reason is easy if you get use to 600 calories a day after about 2 weeks that might where thin, so,,, you'll say I can go to 800 that's not going to hurt anything. Well your body is now use to 600 cal... You eat 800 cal.. You will gain weight because you will screw up your Metabolism.

Eat Proteins first. Carbs. give Protein a kick (really Works to.) Invest in some good Protein shakes (get a variety)

meats. poultry, fish is your main Protein. String cheese is good, cottage cheese, Beans these are all natural. shakes, power bars, power drinks. Those are substitutes. good if your low on protein. I use 1 a day in a shake. Veggies are good, but you have to see what you can eat., and carbs like corn, Pasta, or what ever you can have, will give the protein a kick in the but, and make it work.

I buy a lot of turkey products sausage, bacon, ground,and poultry. Corn Beef is excellent in protein, and now you can get a deal on it.

Remember your only going to eat 3 or 4 ounces of this. So,,, when shopping,,, you don't have to buy much for you.

Good Health To You, Shirley.

Think lean meat and non-starchy veggies. I love perdue perfect portions- they are marinated chicken breast that come in different flavors. They come individually wrapped, so you can just throw the whole bag in the freezer and defrost one at a time. I also like marinated pork loin- again it comes in different flavors. You just bake it on a baking sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes. I snack on berries, low fat cheese and nuts (1/4 c). Hope this helps!

Just eat less! But I think the easiest way to keep calories low is to cut out the starchy part of a meal - the breads, pastas, rices, noodles, those are the calorie dense foods that add up - as does fat. I dont believ in low carbing it, but I did greatly reduce the carb and fat portion of my diet. So dinner might be a small piece of steak on the barbecue and a big salad, I dont feel the need to for a potato to go along with that, although we do have sometihng like spaghetti bolognaise once a week or so. I choose salads, yogurt and fruit and Soup for lunch, might have some crispbreads or crackers with that but would rarely choose a sandwich with 2 slices of bread in one meal.

Breakfast is when I indulge most in carby foods - I love my Peanut Butter toast, or bowl of Cereal - but its ONE piece of toast, a small bowl of Cereal and I round it out with fruit or yogurt instead of large servings.

An hour's running a day burns up a lot of energy too, so that I never have had to give up anything totally.

It depends on your body. For some people, eating less works. For people like me who are very carb sensitive, eating less does not result in weight loss unless I also lower my carbs. Here's a typical day for me:

B: 2 eggs, scrambled

L: Chef's salad with romaine, chopped hard boiled egg, 1/2 oz cheese, 1/2 oz crumbled bacon, 2 Tbs full fat homemade blue cheese dressing *OR* chicken/tuna salad made with 3 oz tuna/chicken, mayo and celery on half a Tomato

D: 3 oz Protein, 1 cup low carb vegies