Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you use a food scale? Which one?

I really need to get a scale. I have no idea how much 3 oz. of salmon or chicken is. Yeah, I know, a deck of cards. But until I get the hang of eyeballing it I want to use a scale. I've had flimsy ones before that weren't very accurate and broke. Any recommendations for a good one? Thanks!

I got mine from escali.com because they're pretty reliable. One scale I got from them is almost 10 years old. You can get a digital scale that weighs in both ounces and grams, to the nearest 10th of an ounce and up to 6 lbs (making it versatile for other uses) for about $30 or $40.

I bought a digital scale from weight watchers. You don't need to be a member you can just go to one of their meetings and buy the scale. It is pretty cool because you can get the calorie counts for the food you are measuring (calculates it automatically). By the way don't buy it online because the price is twice of what you would pay at the weight watchers facility.

I need to pull out all that diet stuff I have bought through the years and never used. Blenders, scales , heart rate monitors. I want to buy the body bugg now. I am really getting excited. What have u guys figured out about taking pills in the future. Is there a site that tells u if You can crush a certain pill and take it in place of taking the pill whole.

I really need to get a scale. I have no idea how much 3 oz. of salmon or chicken is. Yeah, I know, a deck of cards. But until I get the hang of eyeballing it I want to use a scale. I've had flimsy ones before that weren't very accurate and broke. Any recommendations for a good one? Thanks!

I bought a cheap one from Walmart over the weekend until a slightly more expensive one I bought from QVC.com arrives.

Thanks for the suggestions. How much is the weight watchers one at the meetings? They have a Biggest Loser one at Walmart for 17.00 something. I might try that one unless anyone has any bad experiences with it.

Go to Kmart or Walmart. This is a dieters scale, it is round, and has a round bowel that fits into place. It weighs by ounces, and also goes up to 3 or 4 lbs. Cost about $5.99. Give or take a few bucks from where you are, to where I am.

The name was on the box,, so I don't have it anymore,,, but,,,, you can't miss this. It is completely round.

When you put the bowl on it goes up in weight o.k.... So you just turn the top of the scale to zero, and your ready to weigh anything.

I need to pull out all that diet stuff I have bought through the years and never used. Blenders, scales , heart rate monitors. I want to buy the body bugg now. I am really getting excited. What have u guys figured out about taking pills in the future. Is there a site that tells u if You can crush a certain pill and take it in place of taking the pill whole.

Go to your pharmacy and ask for a pill crusher. My husband has one that is round a little bigger then a quarter, and it has 3 tiers to it. Splitter, crusher, container. It is very handy. In height about a average spool of thread. So very convenient. If you can't find one,, look on ebay. They should have something.