Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am scheduled to have my surgery April 12. My pre-op diet begins April 2nd. I have read and heard about so many success stories and the not so successful stories. I do not know what to expect. I am getting nervous, but I know that I am making the right decision. I have a very supportive husband and two very young children at home. I just want to be successful. Well, if you can offer suggestions, words of advice and encouragement- I would greatly appreciate it.

Saundra

Hi Saundra!

I am having my surgery 3/29. I'm nervous but very excited! So far, all I can say is do what the Dr's and their offices tell you to do!

I look forward to hearing more about your journey! Good Luck!

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thank you. I will keep you posted. By the way, how did you add the weight loss ticker to your page?

Saundra

Hi Saundra!

I am having my surgery 3/29. I'm nervous but very excited! So far, all I can say is do what the Dr's and their offices tell you to do!

Kate

I googled how to add it. But it's really easy... if you just go to one of the ticker sites (I used http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss), and follow the steps, it's really easy. Then you just add the code to your signature. Each time you update your weight you'll can get a new code from the ticker site, and update your signature. Hope this helps!

Hi Kate,

Thank you. I will keep you posted. By the way, how did you add the weight loss ticker to your page?

Saundra

Hi,

I am scheduled to have my surgery April 12. My pre-op diet begins April 2nd. I have read and heard about so many success stories and the not so successful stories. I do not know what to expect. I am getting nervous, but I know that I am making the right decision. I have a very supportive husband and two very young children at home. I just want to be successful. Well, if you can offer suggestions, words of advice and encouragement- I would greatly appreciate it.

Saundra

Hey Saundra

I am having my surgery on April 4th - on Monday I start my pre-op diet... I started a few weeks ago to watch my food and began excersizing again.... Just to get a good jump start. So in 16 days I will have the procedure done at 11:00am and will stayover night because of sleep apnea. I am kind of glad I get to stay overnight because likely they will help me manage any pain and I can rest and recover. I have some nervous moments but mostly I am excited to get started. It is so nice to hear you have a supportive spouse... I have one too! without their encouragement and help we would likely have some difficult days ahead. Doing anything alone can be challenging let alone surgery, recovery and behaviour changes. I wish you well and hopefully you can check out my progress after surgery as I will be 8 days post op when you are getting yours done.

I have my surgery on March 23..4 days from now..yippie!! Im still kinda scared to death, I to have sleep apnea, I am on day 6 of my 10 day clear pre-op diet..I am down 14 pounds so far..I was totally shocked..I am allowed to have 3 Protein Shakes a day..Chicken broth..sugar free jell-o..sugar free popsicles..I drink tons of Water, and crystal light..It has not been that bad to stick with it, I was so worried I would cheat and not lose weight, but i was so scared that i wanted to make sure i lost the most i could..My husband and boys (6,13,13) have been great about cooking meals so i would not get tempted..by the 4th day It was great..I hope u find all the info u need to put ur mind at ease..Good Luck.. :)

I'm getting my band 2 days after you, so lets support each other. So far I'm just excited and anxious to get started. The anxiety hasn't set in yet. I'm stocking up on Protein powders, sf Jello, etc. I'm dieting already. Just counting calories, and I've already lost a lot. My problem has always been keeping the weight off, so I hope this is the LAST time I have to lose the pounds.B)

Thanks to everyone. I am noticing that a number of people are practicing the pre-op diet ahead of time. I am going to try that and continue working out. Please let's stay in touch.

Hi There,

If you are reading this sometimes Tuesday. Congratulations! You made it. How are you feeling? Let's stay in touch.

Saundra

Hi Saundra!

Kate

Hi,

I hope that everything went well with your procedure. How are you doing. Thanks for responding to my previous post. Let's stay in touch.

Saundra

I have my surgery on March 23..4 days from now..yippie!! Im still kinda scared to death, I to have sleep apnea, I am on day 6 of my 10 day clear pre-op diet..I am down 14 pounds so far..I was totally shocked..I am allowed to have 3 Protein shakes a day..Chicken broth..sugar free jell-o..sugar free popsicles..I drink tons of Water, and crystal light..It has not been that bad to stick with it, I was so worried I would cheat and not lose weight, but i was so scared that i wanted to make sure i lost the most i could..My husband and boys (6,13,13) have been great about cooking meals so i would not get tempted..by the 4th day It was great..I hope u find all the info u need to put ur mind at ease..Good Luck.. :)

Hi Saundra!

Kate

Kate - I hope all went well with your surgery today... You may not be checking in for a few days due to surgery but I wanted to check in and wish you all the best....

Hi Saundra - Looks like today you start your pre-op diet. Good Luck! You can do it! I promise it'll get easier as the days go on.

Everything went well for me. Just a little trouble in the hospital, but we think it was due to my pain meds not reacting well after surgery. I had a high fever and very high heart rate. I'm still very sore and gassy. But each day I'm feeling better and so far today I feel the best, as I've taken no pain meds yet!

Saundra - I was banded 3/19. Every morning, I feel better than the day before. I'm approaching it just 'one day at a time'. I've made a couple of mistakes, and have tried not to beat myself up over them. This is truly a lifestyle choice - I don't see it as a diet at all. I am learning volumes about food, diet, nutrition, physiology, and whatever else I can come up with. I've made two decisions in my adult life that have changed my entire outlook - one was stopping drinking 20 years ago - the other was to get banded. The tools I use to stay sober are easily applied to the nutrition plan I am learning to eat cleanly. There seems to be a myriad of sites to support those of us trying to find our way through all the information we are exposed to, both pre-op and post-op. This is something you do for you. It hasn't been too hard. I get pretty hungry between meals, but I don't get my first 'fill' until the end of this month. I was weighing myself every other day - and that was way too often. I've changed to Wednesdays only. I am a disabled Vet who was a Marine in Vietnam - walking is very hard for me - but I get out there 5 mornings a week - and it gets easier every day. The choices for those of us who are 'morbidly obese' is rather clear cut - lose the weight or die. That's the way it was presented to me. For many reasons, not the least of which is I am a single father raising a 12 year old daughter on my own. So, I have chosen to lose the weight. I hope your surgery goes smoothly. My wish for you is that you always have fair seas and following winds.

Jim