Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining Weight after losing

I just got a fill on March 7th and in the first week I felt like I hit my "spot" I did liquids for 4 days to be on the safe side since my doc said it was a big jump from my first fill. I lost 4 lbs but now I gained the 4 lbs back. I've been watching what I eat and actually I was more active since the kids were on spring break. Has this happen to anyone? I'm thinking of going back on a liquid diet because I felt so great 4 lbs lighter.....lol I guess I just want to know is this common to happen????

Four days on liquids = fast weight loss that is NOT fat, its water! So the minute you eat again, you gain. Its the classic crash/fad diet scenario. Ok, so its prudent after a fill to take it easy, and you've done the right thing, just dont take the weight loss that results at face value. Its what you lose over say six weeks that counts.

It doesnt matter how much this message is told though, we just dont take it in. I'm really prone to Fluid loss (and weight loss) at the moment because I have an ileostomy and chronic diarrhoea from chemotherapy. I can drop down to under 125lb (I'm 5ft 10), which is scary skinny and which i absolutely KNOW indicates some major dehydration and signals the need to drink and force myself to eat, but I still feel great when I see that number on the scale - its really sick, it worries me how much I enjoy knowing i"m actually officially underweight at those times. Likewise, 3 days later and I've bounced back up 8lb,. and I should feel relieved that I'm in healthier shape - instead I feel fat and out of control.

I'm pretty sure the true secret is to stay off the damn scale and only take account of what it says once a month (for us maintainers) or once a week for those losing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches