Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare denied claim after approving surgery!

I'm going with the anesthesiologist thought. This happened to me where the surgery was covered 100%, but the anesth was not in my plan. So I got hit up for $1750. I had to pay it. It stunk, but I then realized that this was a drop in the hat to pay compared to what the entire procedure cost, and am fortunate to have insurance that did cover it.

that just isnt right they should warn you ahead of time if you want to pay or not. not just do the proceedure and then bill you

I would follow up with Tricare on this; I have Prime as well as was covered 100%. As long as the provider was someone in the Tricare network, I don't see why you would owe anything (unless you've exceeded your yearly cap, I don't know what happens then...). In the meantime, I agree with everyone else: until you receive a letter from Tricare stating "This is a bill" then I would let them work out everything....

Oh, and if you click on the individual claim, it will tell you specifically who and what the charge was for...

I have Tricare Prime also, but for Retirees. Anyway, shortly after the surgery I received a 3rd party collection form from Tricare. It seems that one of the codes that was used sent up a red flag that maybe it was an accident of some kind and that somebody else should be paying for it. As soon as they received the form back everything was approved. It only cost me a $25 copay! Just give them a call and find out what is going on.....Good Luck!

I was called by Tricare to tell me that my surgery was approved, Yeah! I went in for the surgery at the hospital and they told me I was clear and didn't owe anything for the surgery there. I assumed they had gotten approval through Tricare as well. I went on TricareWest online and to check my claims and found that Tricare had denied a $2000 claim by the hospital. It says patient responsibility $2000! They said that I was approved. Has anyone got any experience with this? I am so worried, this was sooo not in the budget! What will happen?!

Need advice please!

Just wondering if you have found out if there was a billing error or something else?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches