Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

jaw surgery

Lena:

So sorry that you're still in such pain. Remember, when there is pain it's best to stay on top of it by taking your pain meds at regular intervals because it's harder to chase the pain away than it is to keep it at bay.

Take care and think about how good mashed potatoes will be when you are feeling better:

Sue

Thanks Sue for your kind words. won't avoid meds again - just didn't seem to have the proper dose - it's very scary to black out. However, last night I took 1 pill of a pain medication and it was okay. when I awoke to make a trip to the washroom i didn't feel like i was going to black out. I woke up though really because the pain medication had worn off after about 6.5 hours of sleep. I've just taken 1 pill again and the pain is at bay as you say. I think I had some demerol left over in my system and then alternating with this tylenol was too much for me. I've put the demerol away for now. thanks for your advice.:)

further update on jaw surgery - a new pain (the other pains are not gone yet after 4 weeks) has started and that is muscle spasms. It happened 2 nights ago. It feels like somebody has shot you in the temple and that Fluid is flowing out of your ear - you positively hit the ceiling. I have never been shot and God please I hope that never happens but that is what I equate this problem to. It happened this morning while I was out with my sister for a coffee, I haven't been out much because don't feel great. I started crying right there in the restaurant and I'm 47 years old. I emailed my surgeon when I got home and they answered to take robaxacet as directed and if pain doesn't go away in 24 hours to notify her. I'm assuming that she would then call in a prescription for a stronger muscle relaxant. I had 1 robaxacet here at home and took that and as I was taking it had another attack and literally went through the ceiling in the bathroom followed by fits and buckets of tears - it is so scary. I say and will repeat - not childbirth, not the lapband operation compares to the pain from jaw surgery and now this added element of pain. I can't wait until it's all over. I am living in complete fear that I will have another spasm.

Lena - So sorry to hear about those muscle spasms. Hope it resolves quickly!

Lena - So sorry to hear about those muscle spasms. Hope it resolves quickly!

thanks Sue again for your kindness, you're afraid to swallow as you can feel intense pressure in the ears. I've taken 2 robaxacet just a few minutes ago a little ahead of schedule. I have already prayed to God, please no more - it honestly is that scary and painful. I'm going so far as to have my boyfriend call me from work during the night to wake me so i can take the pain meds.