Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 4/7/10 and have lost 30/35 pounds post op. However, I have not lost any weight since then. Matter of fact, on my last visit 2/17/11 for a fill I gained 4 pounds from last visit which was in Nov.

I have 7.5cc's in a 10cc band. I don't know what to do. I was wondering if I should follow the weight watchers plan or just count calories. If I count calories, how do I know how many calories I should be eating? Kinda stuck on what I should be eating and how much. I am starting to feel like a failure and I really want to turn this around and make it work.

I have NEVER had any stuck issues or throwing up issues and I haven't even had any of the foamy issues that I have read about. At dinner, I eat until I get that feeling - oh man I can't eat another bite. How would I know if I stretched out the pouch above the band.

Thanks for listening

Try myfitnesspal.com (there is also a smart phone app if you have one). You can put in your current stats & goals and it will tell you what to do ( food & exercise) to achieve them by tracking daily.

Thank you. I will try that. I don't have a smart phone, but looking to get one soon.

Try myfitnesspal.com (there is also a smart phone app if you have one). You can put in your current stats & goals and it will tell you what to do ( food & exercise) to achieve them by tracking daily.

I find my weeks are much more success if I dramaticly reduce my carbs and I walk at least 45 minutes 3X a week.

I recently read the book, WHY GET WE FAT" by Gary Taubes. The author makes a point that really hits home. In our parents' and grandparents' days, dieting meant that you cut out deserts, breads and potatoes. In other words, you went on a low carb diet. He also gives the history of how we went away from low carb and made the switch to low fat in the 1960's, with disastrous results. We are far fatter and unhealthier than we have ever been. Taubes is not a medical professional, but a well respected science writer.

Why We Get Fat is not a diet book. It is a well-documented insight into how a move back to "old fashioned values" might make us healthier.

I know everyone is different, but having problems myself with carbs... I found some helpful information. I don't think I could ever be completely carb free.... but cutting down has helped dropped a little more weight.

.... by the way........ I'm feeling MUCH better and active now that I'm cutting down on those carbs.

You should start keeping track of your calories/protien. Use My Fitness Pal or Fit Day, They all do the same thing. Every time you eat something make sure you log it. Include absolutely everyting you put in your mouth. I think the "average" caloric intake for a lap bander is around 1200 calories. I think you sould keep track for a couple of weeks and then see your neutritionist. Take your food logs with you. Sometimes the simplest things that we don't think of are the problem. I have an aquaintance that had lap band surgery. One day we were chatting and she had a big glass she was drinking out of. I asked her what she was drinking, she said "skim milk" " I drink 4 or 5 of these a day." That glass was at least 2 cups or more. 2 cups of skim milk is 160 calories x 5 is 800 calories. A DAY!!!!! It never even crossed her mind the calories she was getting from skim milk... she just kind of took it as a freebe. 800 Calories is all some lap-banders eat total in a day. Add the 800 calories to 1200 in food she consumed every day you have a normal diet of 2000 calories. This may not be the case for you, but I'd start by logging EVERYTHING. Good luck to you!

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to start keeping track of everything.

You should start keeping track of your calories/protien. Use My Fitness Pal or Fit Day, They all do the same thing. Every time you eat something make sure you log it. Include absolutely everyting you put in your mouth. I think the "average" caloric intake for a lap bander is around 1200 calories. I think you sould keep track for a couple of weeks and then see your neutritionist. Take your food logs with you. Sometimes the simplest things that we don't think of are the problem. I have an aquaintance that had lap band surgery. One day we were chatting and she had a big glass she was drinking out of. I asked her what she was drinking, she said "skim milk" " I drink 4 or 5 of these a day." That glass was at least 2 cups or more. 2 cups of skim milk is 160 calories x 5 is 800 calories. A DAY!!!!! It never even crossed her mind the calories she was getting from skim milk... she just kind of took it as a freebe. 800 Calories is all some lap-banders eat total in a day. Add the 800 calories to 1200 in food she consumed every day you have a normal diet of 2000 calories. This may not be the case for you, but I'd start by logging EVERYTHING. Good luck to you!

Also do a web search for the 5 day pouch test and try that. I have seen people on this site talk about it and use it. Good luck.

Thank you. I looked up the 5 day pouch test and I am going to try it. :) Hopefully this will put me back in the direction I need to be.

Also do a web search for the 5 day pouch test and try that. I have seen people on this site talk about it and use it. Good luck.