Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded...march 8th,2011......

:P Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am new to this site. This is actually my first posting on any site...I was banded on march 8th, 2011..just a week ago today!! I am excited to get to know others who have been banded or going to be, and start a new life of positive feedbacks to begin this new successful journey in my life!!

Welcome Jennifer!! I was banded March 4th. How's it going for you so far? Keep us posted on your progress! Good luck!

:P Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am new to this site. This is actually my first posting on any site...I was banded on march 8th, 2011..just a week ago today!! I am excited to get to know others who have been banded or going to be, and start a new life of positive feedbacks to begin this new successful journey in my life!!

Welcome, I was banded on 3/4 as well. I'm also very excited to start this journey and this forum is sucking up tons of my time cause there is so much great info!

Hi Jennifer! Congrats on your band. I was banded 3-7-11 so I'm right there with ya. I hope your first few days were better than mine. I had a hiatal hernia repair also which was the hardest part and had the most horrific left shoulder pain for days. However, I am feeling TONS better as of yesterday and am really starting to get excited. I was banded in Dallas which is several hours away from my hometown. There isn't a local support group in the area that I can participate in so I'm hoping that this site with help with questions and such. Best of luck to you!

How are you feeling. I am just going thru this process that makes you jump thru hoops. I started back in sept last year and will be with my 6 months next week. I am scared, lost, and really trying to get a grip on whether this is for me or not. Mostly I am really scared. I don't know about pre diet. I smoke and I love food. Was it easy for you, what can I expect. Help if you can. Thank you.

weight.png

[/url]

Welcome, I was banded on 3/4 as well. I'm also very excited to start this journey and this forum is sucking up tons of my time cause there is so much great info!

How are you feeling. I am just going thru this process that makes you jump thru hoops. I started back in sept last year and will be with my 6 months next week. I am scared, lost, and really trying to get a grip on whether this is for me or not. Mostly I am really scared. I don't know about pre diet. I smoke and I love food. Was it easy for you, what can I expect. Help if you can. Thank you.

weight.png

[/url]

Hello fellow newbie!

I was banded March 10th, 2001.

I am super excited about my journey and ready for whats ahead. I just know I will have to keep on top of things. I am a all or nothing kinda girl and I want to stay a ALL! Im still pretty sore..but not pain. And my upper stomach area is so swollen...Its down some but man I looked pregnant..Not the look I was going for. Hard to even sit up straight without tons of pressure. Not sure if that because of the Lapband or I also had a hernia repair. Are you still swollen??

Today when I jumped on the scale I am down just a few ounces from 15 lbs.

So let me know how you are doing!

Lisa

Hello!

I know the process can seem like alot. But if your willing this can be a new beginning. I too smoke..which you should quit..But I have to take one thing at a time. My weight loss first. Though I have cut down. Pain does that too you..lol I am almost a week down and So far so good. If you would like some advice on my steps I am here. Where are you at?? I am in California and Had a wonderful doctor who fought for me and really got this process moving.

Good look with your quest! I am here if you want some support!

Lisa

weight.png

[/url]

Hi Jennifer!

Congratulations and welcome! I am also new to the site and have found lots of great inspiration and information here. I am getting banded Friday; I am so excited, of course a little nervous. Looking forward to hearing how your progress is going.

Hello and Thank you very much. I have a few for support but have choose not to tell alot of people because some at my work would frown on me and I really don't want to focus on them and just do it for me. I am in Kansas city mo. I go on wed to another seminar because I switched drs because the one I was going thru was out of network and would have cost clost to 4000, but innetwork I am looking at 500. I am really excited but then fear takes over. I have cut back smoking alot to maybe 7 a day. Drinking is not an issue when I really don't drink but once every 4 to 5 weeks. Thank you for the reply. I would love to ask you question that arise since you are ahead and would be wonderful to know what to expect. Thank you again.

Toni

Hello!

I know the process can seem like alot. But if your willing this can be a new beginning. I too smoke..which you should quit..But I have to take one thing at a time. My weight loss first. Though I have cut down. Pain does that too you..lol I am almost a week down and So far so good. If you would like some advice on my steps I am here. Where are you at?? I am in California and Had a wonderful doctor who fought for me and really got this process moving.

Good look with your quest! I am here if you want some support!

Lisa