Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent I guess.

This has been a week I can feel my old habits trying to come back.

It is that time of the month, no bueno!

I feel like my husband has forgotten I really need his help.

I have 4 friends that have had Vertical sleeve surgey lately and none of them understand my procedure and they are losing so fast it is frustrating.

Life is busy with my kids nd their sports I have re-adjusted my workouts for the morning time.

I haven't lost much weight at all lately and that is frustrating.

Getting another fill next week and hoping that will put some pep back in my step.

So if you have had a funk, how have you gotten yourself out of it?????

Thanks Stephanie

Hang in there Sister!

I've been in many funks throughout my journey thus far and understand that I will always face a "funk" or two. That's life, isn't it?

Before my surgery I would binge to deal with my negative thoughts/feelings, stress, anger, depression, etc...

Post band I still have those feelings but have to try my hardest to cope using different mechanisms...such as talking to strangers on the board, or going for walk, or listening to music, and singing (my fav).

If you've been overeating or eating sliders etc, go back to the basics, always works for me. Basics: 3 small meals /day, Protein 1st, lots of h20, no eating and drinking at the same time - you know the drill.

Try not to judge your success based off your friends either - enjoy your journey.

Please be kind to yourself!

God Bless,

Rebecca

i had a friend that had the sleeve done the same time i got banded (3 years ago). it was hard not to compare how fast she was losing to how slow i was losing.... BUT 3 years later, i'm still losing and she has started to gain weight.

just remember, slow and steady is the best way to lose weight! so... be patient! it WILL happen!

you've lost 37 pounds and that's awesome!

when i'm in a funk i try to do something nice for myself. i'm single with no kids so it's probably easier for me but take some time out for you. get a manicure or pedicure. have your hubby watch the kids and go see a movie by yourself or with friends. buy yourself something pretty, even if it's just a pair of flip flops.

YOU need to feel good about YOURSELF for this process to work.

I agree with Kalipso. Like you, I have kids that have activities, I work full time, etc...

When I am in a funk, and there have been many, I do something for ME. Yes, time is hard to carve out, but it is important because I can't eat my funk away. So, I will go to the local thrift store and buy something, or my favorite is getting a pedicure. I found a place near me that will do a one hour pedi for $25.00. Well worth it because I feel like a new person when I come out.

It is important to focus on you throughout this journey. As women, we don't do that well but we need to.

Put yourself first. I too have children and understand how hard it can be. You have to adjust your lifestyle to work around the band. When you are busy and know you are going to be out and unable to grab a healthy meal, drink a Protein shake. Pack one in a lunch bag to keep it cool.

Pat yourself on the back for your success so far! Reward yourself with something besides food. A mani/pedi, new CD, trip to the movies, etc. is a nice reward. YOU DESERVE IT!

Girl, I thought you were tellin MY story!!!:blink: That is exactly what happened to me!! (except for the friends with vertical sleeve and re-adjusting my workouts) I've fallen into a funk too!!! I knew during these last 6 weeks my weight loss was "no bueno" and yesterday at my appt the doc confirmed that I lost only 3 lbs in 6 weeks :(. Actually I think those 3 lbs of weight loss are due to the fact that my girls ( . )( . ) went M I A and my hair has decided to also take a leave of absence. :unsure:

I promised myself yesterday after fill number 3 to get up and brush myself off and get back to it (with a vengeance)B)

I'm going back to basics for a while. This happens!!!!! Lets just MOVE ON!!! ;)

Just need to vent I guess.

This has been a week I can feel my old habits trying to come back.

It is that time of the month, no bueno!

I feel like my husband has forgotten I really need his help.

I have 4 friends that have had Vertical sleeve surgey lately and none of them understand my procedure and they are losing so fast it is frustrating.

Life is busy with my kids nd their sports I have re-adjusted my workouts for the morning time.

I haven't lost much weight at all lately and that is frustrating.

Getting another fill next week and hoping that will put some pep back in my step.

So if you have had a funk, how have you gotten yourself out of it?????

Thanks Stephanie

Such good advice. Thank you! I did decide today to just that, Pick myself up and brush myself off.

I did find out my thyroid is messed up again and that is part of my funk. But I am comparing my journey with people who have had the sleeve. I had to remind myself that I didn't choose the sleeve for a reason and I chose the band with all its different-ness. haha

I do have to start doing stuff for myself.

Thanks everyone, your advice is really helpful!