Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Need of some Encouragement 1 week newbie

Hello, My name is DeNesha and I was banded on 2/25/2011 last Friday. I was on a clear-liquid diet for 4 days prior to surgery and now I am on a liquid diet still and I am losing my mind. If I strain another can of Soup or see another pot of broth I feel like I am going to cry. So I had to test the Water to see if I was ready to go onto at least puree and everything seems fine. I am still healing and I am so scared that I am going to do damage and I know that is to be avoided. I CHEATED and ate a banana and steamed carrots yesterday and it was GREAT... although that shouldn't be my focus. I need help. Any suggestions or Newbies that know how I am feeling... I go see my surgeon tomorrow (getting my staples removed whoohoo!!!!) and my Dietician.

Also any suggestions on Protein Powder or products.. I have been using powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Muscle Milk Light and I need other options....I'm bored with the same ole taste/flavors..

-DeNesha

Post-op diet is hard, especially the liquid stage, but it will pass! I cheated and I'm sure most of the bandsters here did as well, so don't get too upset! Though you can tolerate mushy foods, it doesn't mean your stomach can or is healed enough to do so. Try to stick to your diet as closely as you can. Otherwise, your mushy food choices were pretty safe; could have been a lot worse! Try adding some spices to your Soups. Maybe find a recipe for egg drop Soup? See what you can find!

Also, per your Protein shakes question, why not add your own flavors? Look for sugar free Da Vinci or Torani syrups and add them to your shakes. I usually take vanilla Protein Powder and add strawberry SF torani to give it a fruity flavor. Maybe look at Isopure Protein as well; They come in big glass bottles, 40g of protein, super sweet, but they come in fruity flavors and can be diluted with Water.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much!!! I will pull it together. I have only 4 more days on liquids and I can do it! I have made a note on the Protein suggestion!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Now I can rest.

-DeNesha

Post-op diet is hard, especially the liquid stage, but it will pass! I cheated and I'm sure most of the bandsters here did as well, so don't get too upset! Though you can tolerate mushy foods, it doesn't mean your stomach can or is healed enough to do so. Try to stick to your diet as closely as you can. Otherwise, your mushy food choices were pretty safe; could have been a lot worse! Try adding some spices to your Soups. Maybe find a recipe for egg drop Soup? See what you can find!

Also, per your Protein shakes question, why not add your own flavors? Look for sugar free Da Vinci or Torani syrups and add them to your shakes. I usually take vanilla Protein powder and add strawberry SF torani to give it a fruity flavor. Maybe look at Isopure protein as well; They come in big glass bottles, 40g of protein, super sweet, but they come in fruity flavors and can be diluted with Water.

Good luck!!

It sucks, but just remember it's only a few days you'll get through it! It makes food that much better when you can eat it. Makes you ready to "start over" with a good diet.

Yea, try the Isopure, at least it's fruity.. I threw a packet of sugar free kool aid in mine to make it taste a little better. I just wish they made a savory Protein shake hahaha.

Clear liquid phase is the worst. I had clears for 7 days, and full liquids for 7. I urge you to return to you doctors orders. I was not allowed mushies until day 15; which for you is another 9 days out. I hightly recommend adding MRS Dash non salt flavorings to your broth (and Tomato, sweet red pepper Soups when you you get to that stage).

For Protein shakes:Premier ready to drink from Coscto is good; and Gold Standard Double Chocalate (powder). I also add Divinchi suger free syrups, and suger/fat free pudding powder.

For comic relief when I told my sister I had lost 10 pounds on my post op diet so far she said "That's what happens Honk when your on a starvation diet!"

I feel your pain. Please try and hang in there. I remember that time being so hard. Its almost been a year for me and Yes you can do this. Banster hell is exactly what you are goin through. Try to hang in there we are all here for you.

3/11/10

I am still on full liquid phase so i know what you going thru. But i made my own broccili and cheese Soup only 44cal oer serving and at this stage it was enough to satisfy me. I did have potatoe soup last night i had to limit all my carb intake all day just to have it but it gave me sanity ive been looking for. Go to calorieking.com and type in soup youll be amazed what places have delicious healthy soup you can try. Good luck!

We were banded on the same day...and I so know what you are going through. I have tried to be creative with the Soups and foods that I buy. I even found a butternut squash Soup that was low in fat and calories and although not everyones taste it was a welcome change! You can also check the organics aisle. I also checked out the baby food aisle and found some yogurt blends with fruit (no chunks..It was kinda like stage1 baby food with a yogurt taste). I got the banana and that really was nice. I know this is tough, but think of long term benefits and goals.

I do have to say I have the day I can start mushies on my calendar and have even planned my dinner for that night.....grilled fish and sweet potatoe.....