Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation/Exercise

Hey Puddin, that sounds awesome!! Thanks for the info, I will look into getting me one ASAP cuz I'd like to be really more accurate on the cal that I am burning... :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks puddin...

I looked into it but don't think i can afford it but it sounds really REALLY awesome... good luck :)

Hey, no problem. I paid $495 for the sucker. Yeah, it's pricey. But it's super cool! I figure I paid $13,500 for the surgery, what's another $500 to round it off, right?

Very true... but my mom and i are both having surgery and then it would be a 1000$ because she would want one too! lol but maybe I'll get one and see if she likes it...

I went to Take The Challenge last night and Reggie worked us. I feel like that burned some good calories.

Thursday was a good 2 mile walk in the morning and then the pool for 1 1/2 hours. Today I will do the Walk Away the Pounds Tape and if the sun is out when I get home, go back to the pool for 30 to 60 min.

MS Stocky!!!!

Thanks lady for inviting me to your boxing class. It was DA Bomb. I had such a good time and got my serious sweat on!!! I will definatley sign up with ya when the new session starts!

Oh yeah, and belly dancing too. I am there!! What do I need to do to sign up for the class. We should do it now before the class gets full!

It was at a gym in Bowie, off of 301. I dont remember the name of the spot though. It was a nice size and they seemed to offer a lot of stuff there.

Stocky, whats the name of this spot???

My gym is SportFit in Bowie ..off of route 301

Kee, We really need to register ASAP, becasue the class will fill up.

My gym is SportFit in Bowie ..off of route 301

Kee, We really need to register ASAP, becasue the class will fill up.

I am ready when you are.

You go ladies:boxing:, now don't hurt yourselves or anyone else:fencing:. I know to run in the other direction when I see you guys coming now.:)

BIGGEST LOSER CLUB

June 29, 2006

Calorie-Burners Around the House

Find out how to add a little exercise (and weight loss) to your ordinary routine.

Sure, an hour of cardio burns the calories and makes you feel great. But there are other ways to find "bonus" exercises that will keep you moving towards your weight-loss goals.

Biggest Loser Club fitness expert Michael Scholtz says, "Any activity you do helps burn calories. It truly doesn't matter if it's cleaning the house, walking the dog, walking the stairs, or interval training."

Michael's advice:

Combine around-the-house activities (such as gardening or cleaning the house) with your usual cardio sessions. "The benefit of any high-level cardio is that it burns more calories. Or, more specifically, it burns them more quickly. Do BOTH, and you burn calories in BOTH."

Make sure the extra activity isn't undone by extra eating. "Don't forget that how much you take in is crucial no matter how much exercise you do."

Pick activities that interest you. The more you enjoy something, the more likely you are to do it. Washing the car might burn calories. But if you hate it, forget it. Walk the dog, instead. Or take a stroll with your kids down to the mall.

I feel good ( dunnanana like I knew that woould dunnanana) I feel fine...oh ok I walked Saturday and Sunday. Not only did I walk but I did 3 miles each day at the Point (dunnanana) he he he he I've been short chagning myself with doing 2 miles at the the track. I think the 2 miles helped because I knew I was not going to do 3 miles, I would try to shave some time off my walk. So on Sunday I did it 4 minutes faster then I normally would.

Saturday was no joke, I got to the park late, about 8:30 and the sun was beaming at 9. I had about 10 more minutes to walk but I didn't feel right (I had my Water bottle) and my breathing was not right soooooo I spotted a shady bench and sat down. God is so good. I sat there closed my eyes and there was the most gentle breeze and it was cool. While I was walking and sweating I felt nothing. But this breeze was beautiful, I described it to my daughter as God blowing real gentle, cool air on my face. Oh wow it felt so nice. I calmed down, relaxed and put my head, to the side (like when you are in front of a fan), to the other side, up and down, oh it just felt so good. I thought it was going to eventually stop but it did not stop until I got up to finish my walk. I sat there for 15 minutes, I prayed, watched the planes come in and go out 1 right after another, I made 2 phone calls and I was refreshed.:D