Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port infection!!

well I saw my mexico Dr. a week ago and he said I did not have an infected port but prescribed antibiotics.(huh) I did not believe him because of the post I have read here on this website. So i drove for 3 hours to see Dr Billy of Ventura ( no San Diego Drs. will see mexico patients). He looked at my stomach and sent me to emergency right away. Dr Billy used a camera to see inside my stomach and found that a suture with a knot had pulled threw the lining of my stomach and pulled gastric Fluid into my abdomen. at the portsite there was a softball size void filled with gastric fluids(smelly stuff). So my port is gone along with my fill ,but I have my band. Dr Billy wants me to make better food choices and continue to lose they weight.

That's my plan.1200 calories only.:Bunny

Good for you to follow up with another doctor! We all have to take charge of our own bodies when we feel something is just not right! It sounds like you got there just in time.

Can you tell us when you were banded?

I am so thankful that you did not listen to your Mexico doc. If he is the same one I think he is then I am extremely happy you went to see Billy.

You can heal from this and at least you still have your band. Dr. Billy will watch you closely from now on for sure.

I am offering my support via telephone just PM me and I will send my number to you.

ddflinn, I'm so glad you went to Dr. Billy. You are so smart and know your own body.

What you did saved your band.

Good for you to follow up with another doctor! We all have to take charge of our own bodies when we feel something is just not right! It sounds like you got there just in time.

Can you tell us when you were banded?

I was banded 8/26/05 by Dr. Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala:dead

starting weight 247:p

now as of 1/9/06 205;-)

lbs lost.doc

I'm just sick to my stomach over yet ANOTHER Lopez patient with an infection that Lopez ignored. The nerve of that #$%@#$ for prescribing antibiotics when he told me numerous times that, "antibiotics can't cure a port infection." Let's just ignore the American patient and hope she goes away.

Sorry, ddflinn, but let's all say it together, THANK GOD FOR DR. BILLY.

DD, you still have 1 1/2 hours to join our 3 month weight loss challenge. Trust me, if I can stick to 1200 calories, anyone can. This is a new chance for you to find that thin healthy young thang inside you! Use the band while you have it... we'll all help you! xoxo

I'm so happy that you went to Dr. Billy. He's my surgeon and I wouldn't go to anyone else! He's as knowledgeable as they come and you are in excellent hands. Concentrate on healing and continue on with your journey - Good luck. Kim