Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please keep my little girl in your prayers...

oh mandy, i am defintally thinking of you, your daughter and your entire family, sending healing vibes. i hope you continue to see positive results with the zoloft. abigale has a good mom to notice that something was going on with her. i am sure there are others out there who's parents arent so attentive. please know that we are all here for you when you need someone to lean on.

hugs, michelle

I'm definatly going to be praying for your daughter and for you to have plenty of strength and patients that I know you will need to make it through this desperate struggle. I know that a mothers love is strong enough to do what ever it takes to help your daughter... she will be fine knowing you love her...and I know you do. My daughter is 6 and I love her more than life its self.... I think I will cry trying to type...Pause.I know you will do everything with in your power to help your daughter and she will be fine!!! Sending you ((((HUGS))) and prayers.. please let us know how she is doing!

My prayers are with your entire family and especially your little girl. My DD is 4 also.

HUGS AND KISSES !!!!

Mandy, I just read your post this morning, but God knows the prayers of our hearts, and I know He knows that my heart longs for you and your family, and especially your DD, will be happy and healthy. I would look this up, but it would take too long, but the scripture that says that God knows the plans He has for you...not to harm you, but to benefit you. You are taking action and getting the help you/she need...you are turning to God and asking for prayer. The teacher sounds like she is in tune with the situation. When my DD was 5, she developed a little OCD in regard to trash (weird), and I have some books on OCD that I read...we worked with her, and now she doesn't have those issues anymore. Never did the prescription, but I know your DD has a different situation with the fever and all that...You have my prayers, I never run out of those! Hugs to you, Mandy! Cindy

I am praying for you and your daughter! There is nothing like being a parent and then seeing your child hurt. My son, 17 years, has a learning disability with ADHD and has struggled in every aspect of his life. We also noticed his differences at 4 years of age. There have been really hard time, however, each year he has gotten a little better.

Good for you at getting help early! As a parent, get help and support and listen to your gut instincts...Shawn

Mandy, I also just read your post and am so thankful that you felt safe enough to share with us. To have to go through this alone would not be acceptable. Will your little one allow you to hold her? I know that when my son was going through his heart operation just laying on me helped him cope. Being a Mom makes you a powerful ally. Count the tiny blessings as you make this journey.... you have doctors that have listened, started medication with some result and your gut instict(always listen to that). I have already sent up a prayer, with more to come. Love to you and yours,

I have added you, your daughter and your family to the prayer list at church....

Keep the faith.....

We are all with you on this journey

Donna

Mandy,

I just found this post today. I am not only talking to you as a mother, a social worker who works with the mentally ill on a dialy basis, but also as a mother who watched her own daughter (also named Abigail) dealing with many of the same struggles you are going through. I give 100 % praise and admiration to you for being there for your precious daughter (and she is precious, I saw her picture). You are her biggest support and ally and don't ever give up on her. Kudos to you for following your gut and seeking help. I would cry night after night, until I saw kids who were far worse off than my child. It made me think that I could get through this, and you will too !!! I initially rejected medications (this is from a social worker married to a nurse). Don't make the same mistake we did. Keep her on the zoloft or whatever else a trusted doc puts her on. Your realtionship with her psychiatrist and pediatrician will make all the difference. Be proud of yourself that you are dealing with this at such an early age. Your beautiful daughter will be fine. The day will come when you can't remember anything except the sound of her laughter. Keep the faith and please PM me if I can be of help. We are all here for you and Abby.

Leah

Mandy,

I havent read any other replys to this thread, so forgive me if Im repeating something someone else has mentioned...

But have you sought a second opinion?

How sad that the medical field is pushing (literally) med's on young patients. I would be devistated to have to give my child any drug of this kind.

God bless you... and most especially your baby girl!

She is in my prayers, as is your whole family.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Mandy, I just read this and am so sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you, your little girl and your family. Please keep us posted on her progress. I also take Zoloft (for anxiety and mild depression) and it has done wonders for me. I sure hope it works for her also. God Bless !!

Mandy~

I just read your post and am praying for all of you. It's so much harder for us to watch our children go through hard things than it would be for us to go through them ourselves, isn't it? I am so glad you are being proactive and getting your daughter the help she needs, whatever form that comes in. She's blessed to have you.

I know it's hard, but try to take care of yourself through this, too. She needs you to stay strong and balanced for her so you can give her the support she needs. Do you have someone there you can lean on and go to for your own emotional support? We can help and we can send hugs, but sometimes there's no substitute for physical arms around you. I hope you have that.

Please know that you, Abigale, and the rest of your family are in all our thoughts and prayers. It always helps me to remember that as much as I love my children, God loves them even more and I can trust them to his great and loving hands.

Emily

I don't know about Zoloft for a child, but I know my assistant is a freakin witch to work with when she's out. OMG, she makes everybody's life absolutely miserable. Ok all you Zoloft people don't hunt me down and shoot me, but I keep telling her it's all in her head, she just needs some sugar pills.

Oh well, at least it makes her lighten up for a little while. I'm a firm believer that if you had a sore throat you'd take meds for that, if you got a problem with your mind, and there are meds available, take them, what's the difference.

Mandy,

I'm sorry I just read your post for the first time and I was in tears reading it. I have a 5 year old and she is the light of my day, but as others posts have said things happen for a reason so don't give up and don't be so hard on yourself. Your family and your little one will be in my prayers and before you know she will back to herself , that little beautiful miracle of life god created and blessed you with. Please keep us posted.

Hey Mandy,

just wonding how things were going???

please update us! we are all concerned. ((hugs))