Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I am really trying to like this, but as I sit here I am forcing myself to eat it. This is the firsttime I have had this kind of yogurt. I usually eat the regular fat free and/or sugarfree kind. This is really bitter and kind of sour. I got the strawberry yoplait 2x Protein One. Maybe it will grow on me. Any suggestions of a better tasting brand?

I am not a big greek yogurt fan either; I'm not a fan of any sort of yogurt, something about the texture and consistency. Could you try to add more fruit to it? Maybe a sugar free sweetener, honey, or agave nectar? Add it to a Protein shake? I know some people use it as a dip and add garlic, onions, etc. Or try a sweeter dip with cream cheese, fruit, etc.

I'll stick to my ricotta/cottage cheese for my Protein. :P

I eat Chobani vanilla. I do like some of the fruit ones but I prefer to eat the vanilla. I have to add some sweetener to it though as I find it just a little bitter otherwise. I went out and bought several varieties of Greek yogurt (all vanilla) to see which one I liked best. Now I prefer Greek yogurt.

I haven't tried other brands of greek yogurt so I don't have any commparison but I always buy Chobani brand. It is thicker than regular yogurt, which I like, but once the fruit is mixed in well I don't notice a more bitter taste than in any other type of yogurt but maybe it is just my taste. I have had peach, blueberry and honey and think they are all good.

I also buy Chobani, but I get the plain, then add Splenda and fruit to make my own flavors. The sweetner definitely helps, but it needs the fruit too. I have found since eating the greek yogurt, I find regular yougurt too sweet now.

Good luck, everyone!

Ok, I am really trying to like this, but as I sit here I am forcing myself to eat it. This is the firsttime I have had this kind of yogurt. I usually eat the regular fat free and/or sugarfree kind. This is really bitter and kind of sour. I got the strawberry yoplait 2x Protein one. Maybe it will grow on me. Any suggestions of a better tasting brand?

It is bitter, and I've taken to putting a 1/2 packet of Splenda in it and it takes the bitterness away

Hi. I have Greek Yoghurt everyday for Breakfast. Bought the Yoplait. Hated It!!! Gave it away. My personal favorite is Chobani fruited yoghurt. There is clearly a flavor and texture difference between 2% and non fat. Keeping in mind since I have it as a meal I add the following: 1/2 scoop vanilla whey isolate Protein powder, benefiber, splendra, Protein scoop Kashi Go Crunch Protein Cereal. My guess is about 220 cal for about 25 g of protein, I use nonfat version.

Sweetener is a must for greek yoghurt it is really sour. Esp. the nonfat version.

What I find funny is my mother is first generation American (my grandparents were off the boat from Greece). My grandmother made greek yoghurt and my mother hated it. She says I don't know how you eat that stuff it's horrible!

I actually like plain greek yogurt, taste like sour creame so it goes on my Soups, Beans, etc! I use the vanilla one in my shakes!

Ok, I am really trying to like this, but as I sit here I am forcing myself to eat it. This is the firsttime I have had this kind of yogurt. I usually eat the regular fat free and/or sugarfree kind. This is really bitter and kind of sour. I got the strawberry yoplait 2x Protein One. Maybe it will grow on me. Any suggestions of a better tasting brand?

I like greek yogurt plain and non fat. Call me crazy, but its refreshing not to have it so sweet. If I want sweet, I get light & fit Yoplait vanilla yogurt. Greek is sooo good and full of Protein.< /p>

This sounds stupid even typing it but I buy the plain Greek and add a small amount of sugare free Jello powder to it to get whatever flavor I want. The greek with the fruit has 27 carbs where the plain only has 6 carbs. I like it!

Cheri

I add 1 or 2 packets of Truvia in my plain greek yogurt. It would be easy to get the flavored yogurt, but that adds carbs and I would rather not have the carbs and eat a little Truvia! If you add a sugar substitute make sure you get it mixed in really well or you'll have a bitter surprise in your snack lol

I actually like plain greek yogurt, taste like sour creame so it goes on my Soups, Beans, etc! I use the vanilla one in my shakes!

That is a GREAT idea!! I also describe the consistancy to be like sour cream, but never thought to use it in place of sour cream!

Thanks for the tip!

I also really disliked yoplait 2x Protein. I love the Fage 0% or 2% plain yogurts. I used to like the Chobani until I started having the Fage yogurts and now the Chobani dosen't taste that great to me. I think Chiobani has changed their formula from a few months ago but who knows. I will sometimes get the Fage 2% type and put cherry jam in it for a treat and it is amazing! I also like to put my own honey in it.

I love the sourness of greek or natural yogurt, as long as its full fat. Cant stand low fat yogurt and really hate the chemical flavour of artificially sweetened fruit yogurts.

I eat greek yogurt on fruit - like fresh berries - I make a kidn of berry jelly by pureeing berries and sugar and stir a spoonful of that in with fresh strawberries and blackberries. You can stir jam through it, that's yummy, honey and cinnamon and a few nuts is also really nice. I also use greek yogurt instead of sour cream, add a dollop to Soups etc. Its only bitter/sour relative to articially sweet fake yogurts, which most of our taste buds are more accustomed to but you do acquire a liking eventually.