Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having procedure on Thursday.....

Went to church this morning and the minister prayed for me in church for the upcoming procedure : - ) I love that word better then "surgery".

I am very testy today to everyone. All I can think about is leaving on Tuesday for Mexico. I am not actually afraid of that. It is the "unknown".

The ones in my family that I have chosen to tell are trying to make me feel better by saying that I am going to be fine... I know they are tyring to make me feel better, but it isn't the procedure they don't understand. I am changing something for the rest of my life ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Can I do this? Yes. I heard that fear and faith can't live in the same house... well, I am scared and I do have total faith that I am going to be ok.

So what is my problem?

Help.......

I want this SOOO bad I am crying right now. I want to walk to church with my husband, not have him drop me off in front and he parks the car. I want to buy a dame ace bandage for my knee that fits, not order one because XL is to tight...... I don't want people to look at me or look away because I am heavy! I want to be able to take a walk with my husband and not be out of breath

I just want the simple things that life has to offer. I am not looking to get skinny~

Any words of wisdom from the bansters would be welcome and appreciated.

Being scared is normal & healthy! This is a major step for anyone! We are all here for you to lend support & advice. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you have an easy procedure & a quick & pain free recovery! Keep us posted!

You have hit on exactly why I am going to do this, too. I realistically don't think I'll ever be skinny...I'll be happy to get to 200, and I think I'll feel and look great when I get there (I'm 5-9). And I'm not scared of the procedure...I've been through much worse in a trauma situation, so I know I can handle this. What I'm scared of is the total change for the rest of my life. It isn't something we can switch on and off. I have a half-cup measure sitting on my kitchen counter and I look at it and think can I really stick with that? But I would never consider bypass, so this is like my last great hope. And I NEED to make this work.

The people here are so encouraging and helpful...I know I am going to be depending on them to keep me going. They definitely understand better than my family. Which makes sense since these people have been through it.

I know you can make the changes necessary to be successful with your band. It isn't a day by day decision...sometimes it's a minute by minute decision. We just have to hold on a minute at a time and it will get better. The fact that you've come this far and are ready for surgery shows that you are determined to make your life better. And those simple things you are wanting so much will come as you work with your band. (I'm talking to myself here as well as to you...I'm being banded Jan. 24).

Wishing you the best procedure and recovery possible. Keep us posted.

Hugs~

Emily

Doc you are feeling all the normal feeling. It's only natural to be feeling like you are. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Please let us know how you are when you can.

Doc, I'm just going to wish you good luck on your trip and on your surgery. Keep praying and trust in the Lord. You are going to be okay...better than okay! We are here for you, and will answer any questions you have. We will hold your hand in your moments of doubt and nervousness. You CAN do it. It won't be exactly what you think, either. You will now have the chance to develop a healthy relationship with food, instead of the weird one we are already used to. Let's just get through the surgery and recovery, and then we'll take the next step. Hugs, Cindy

Doc. you will be in my prayers and thoughts. It IS a hugh change, but it is all good. I agree, it won't be exactly what you thought (sure wasn't for me). I am still really new to this, but am developing an awsome respect for what this band can do and loving learning how to use it. I was really uptight and scared too, it is so normal! Good luck to you.

Doc, best wishes on your upcoming surgery...you will be fine. I would never say that everyday is an easy day, but you will get through each and everyone of them and little bit lighter. :-)

Hang in there DOC. You'll get back tenfold what you are investing now. And it's hard, and it's a pain in the butt some days, and it DOES change your relationship with food in so many ways you could never anticipate. This will be YOUR journey. And you can do it. (((hugs))) and have hope. Know that whatever this band journey road ahead turns out to be, you will handle it, because you must. Most days it's because your band tells you "you must" and it's a good thing. :)