Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here and in process of getting the band

HI Everyone!

I am scared and excited wrapped up into one in anticipation of the band. I am so scared that this will be like every other time I tried to lose weight and it just won't work. Or that I will be miserable having to eat so little,....all sorts of thoughts are running thru my head. *sigh* I have done so much research on my own and spoke with the surg. twice already. I have another appt with the Doc on Mar 7th 2011. I'm not sure if I will be able to set a date that day or not. Depends on Tricare I suppose....if they have sent back the authorization or not by that time.

I have the support of my husband and grown children (ages 20 and 22). My mother on the other hand, I have chosen not to tell. She would make my life miserable (sadly, she is a mean spirited person of whom I love because she is my mother). I just don't think it is a good idea to tell her.

I know I will need lots of support and hopefully I may be of support to someone else. I am looking for buddies who have been thru this and ones that I may go thru the process with. I look forward to many more conversations with you all.

Cheers!

web

There's plenty of us here who will support you throughout! Sit down and weigh the pros and cons of the band. Yes you will be eating less, but you'll be eating less and be full with what you eat. There is no set amount of food you can eat, however, so keep that in mind. That amount depends on your level of restriction.

For instance, some here have very tight bands and are satisfied with 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of food at a time. I eat a cup of food, maybe a little over, each meal and I am satisfied. It all depends on your level of restriction.

Good luck!

Web,

It is a scary thing making the decision to get banded. I went thur the entire process of looking into it as well. Talking to people. Internet info, and the fear of another failed attempt to lose weight. I do not have alot of experience to share with you since I was just banded 2-18 so going into my second week of healing. I got pretty scared even reading some of these posts. What I will tell you is go with your gut. I am very happy I have done this. I feel good about it and I KNOW I will be successful. It is a entire different lifestyle, but that is what we need to do. Sorry you do not feel you can go to your mother. I thought about not telling my mother just for the fear she would "freak out". But i did and she actually was great about it. You have the support of you husband and 2 kids and that is all you need. My husband has been an amazing support and I can not thank him enough.

So with that said, contact me if you would like and I can give you more info as I continue my journey. I have learned alot from the post I have read on here, but a word to the wise, watch which ones you read. You know the positve support one right at the start.

Good luck to you.

Cid

HI Everyone!

I am scared and excited wrapped up into one in anticipation of the band. I am so scared that this will be like every other time I tried to lose weight and it just won't work. Or that I will be miserable having to eat so little,....all sorts of thoughts are running thru my head. *sigh* I have done so much research on my own and spoke with the surg. twice already. I have another appt with the Doc on Mar 7th 2011. I'm not sure if I will be able to set a date that day or not. Depends on Tricare I suppose....if they have sent back the authorization or not by that time.

I have the support of my husband and grown children (ages 20 and 22). My mother on the other hand, I have chosen not to tell. She would make my life miserable (sadly, she is a mean spirited person of whom I love because she is my mother). I just don't think it is a good idea to tell her.

I know I will need lots of support and hopefully I may be of support to someone else. I am looking for buddies who have been thru this and ones that I may go thru the process with. I look forward to many more conversations with you all.

Cheers!

web