Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My fill is gone, and I'm huuuungry

Hi everyone,

I had a severe increase in restriction starting last Wednesday. The acid reflux was horrible and I couldn't sleep for 2 nights. I couldn't get anything down but Water. I was really worried about slippage, only secondary to my fear that I would freak out go postal on my family (I don't deal well with sleep deprivation).

Anyways, I went in on Friday to see my doctor. They tried to do a complete unfill, but only .5 cc came out of the band. So, it's either lost in the ether or still in there. They had to poke me 8 times to get the fill out. Did I mention I was sleep deprived? Grrr....

Fortunately, they were able to get me in right away for a barium swallow to check for slippage, and everything looks good! What a relief!

Now I need to wait a month for a fill. My restriction is way down and I'm trying to fight the urge to go eat everything in the fridge. It's scary to be this hungry all of a sudden. It's going to be a long month. :)

Anwyn, don't worry, you'll be fine. Take this time to relax and concentrate on eating slowly. Think about how you're healing inside and you want to be good to yourself.

I had this exact situation this past summer, and my unfilled self went on vacaton! I put on a few pounds, but they came right back off with my return to normal routine, and when I was re-filled I was back where I'd started. Don't obsess, don't agonize, but DO pay attention when you eat. It is easy to overdo when you don't have your little buddy, and only your attention can stop it.

Meantime, isn't it great to feel better? :)

Chop chop chop! Last night I stocked up on fresh veggies. Peppers, carrots, cukes, etc. Baby pickles, too. If you keep them chopped and handy, they're much easier to grab. Heck, steam some with a lil olive oil if you gotta.

Anwyn, I'm on 1200 calories a day. If I can do this, then you can eat some veggies for me, can't you? Please? It's not worth gaining the weight back.

When I was having really hard times, I collected LBT phone numbers and talked people's heads off. Just send out a pleading for numbers and they'll come. I'll PM you mine. A few long distance bills were worth it in the end.

Anne, this is exactly what I said to my doctor, even though I'm losing weight I'm hungry every stinkin 2 hours. Its really driving me nuts but he refuses to give me a fill and I refuse not to try to lose and eat healthy just to get a fill.

So what I do, and I believe this is what saves me. Do not eat past 7. If you need something have a hot diet coco or tea. For during the day and inbetween meals, have some low calorie Soup. There's something about the smell and it being hot that soothes the beast. I read this in Volumetrics and it does help. Have some low cal picking foods handy, veggies and ff dips help me too.

It seems that my hungriest times now (I used to be a night time eater) is around 10 am - 6 pm where as before it was 6 pm - 2 am.

Keep busy, when the kids are playing...clean something. Just keep busy, go outside for fresh air if you need to.

Being on the PC helps me too....keeps my mind busy and hands :)

If you want my email addy let me know, we can chat that way during the day b/c tomorrow I go back to work. Next vacation December 2006 OY VEY!!! haaaaaa.

Good luck chicky, you'll be okay.

Hugs

I know it's going to be hard, but I also know you can do it. Make sure to eat your Protein, it will stay with you longer than anything else. Stock up on veggies, carrots are crunchy and can take the place of chips etc. I find that a cup of tea with some good tasting Creamer makes me feel like I have had a good dessert!

I am here for you Anne if you need someone to talk to. I agree with Eileen on not eating past 7p. I read the Volumetrics book as well...it had some good information in it. Just be sure to log, log, log that food...just to keep some accountabilty. Something that helps me is planning my meals.

Also, find something to do with your hands. it's hard to eat when you have a piece of fine needle work going on, or power tools. It's hard to eat when you are washing down the walls to repaint the bathroom. (just remember to wear gloves when you use TSP because it's really hard on your skin, and will eat your acrillic nails.)

Anne, hang in there, friend! Everyone's giving you great advice and I hope you feel the love and support you are getting. What is this Volumetric book? It sounds interesting. The diet hot chocolate works for me every time...I've also enjoyed hot tea or chai latte (SF). We can help you through this month, and will! Hugs, Cindy

I've been having bouts with hunger lately, if I could just remember to grab Protein instead of the first thing I get my hands on. Like Cindy said, lots of good advice, hang in there, you've been doing so well.

Anne,

Make yourself drink 16 oz of Water before you let yourself have a snack. When I get like this (hungry all the time) I plan 3 meals and 3 Snacks, write it out, allow myself what I have planned and with the 16oz Water thing, it is usually easier to stick to.

Your in our thoughts and prayers and we are behind you 100%

You guys are all so wonderful... thanks for the support and the great advice. I'm not going to pretend that I had a great weekend, and I'm sure not looking forward to logging in my weight tomorrow, lol. But, I feel like I took a short break and now I'm geared up and ready to go. I've already stocked up on healthy foods and I'm going to start tracking my calories on fitday.

I think Lisa's challenge will be key... I need accountability right now. Thanks everyone!

Vines, I'll probably skip the TSP but I may pick up my cross stitch again. Hmm.. do you think my 2 year old will let me sew undisturbed...? :)

I'm sorry they had to poke you 8 freekin times! OMG!!! I think I would've flipped out!

I have not had a fill yet, and just the thought of them putting a gargantuan needle in me freeks me out. My doc offered to write me a script for valium before going down to get the fill, and I may just have to take her up on her offer.

Thank goodness you didn't have a slip, and mega hugs to you!