Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a Difference a Year Makes

lol...love the sarcasm...but I promise you...it's not the only thing.

I don't eat it every day but when I want it..I eat it.

I am restricted and eat very small portions of good food......and I exercise(isn't this the way its supposed to be?)

I just also happen to love ice cream but I do practice willpower;)

Ice cream is my nemesis.

Ice cream is my nemesis.

and my Kryptonite!

Awesome Job!!! You should be very proud of yourself :)

I am 6 months out after surgery and down 57 pounds. I feels amazing!

Thank you! You have no idea how much I needed to hear something like this. I'm getting cold feet and posted about how I'm hearing so much negativity that I'm wondering if it is worth it....yes, I'm worth it. I'm not hoping for miracles but IF I could lose 40-50 pounds in a year....amazing. I've been doing well with learning to try and eat differently even pre-band...my mind has clicked recently! I've lost and gained and lost and gained so I'm hoping this Band will help me and work with me to lose and keep it off. My friends at work are very supportive and told me that they will force me to get out there walking at lunch...30 or 40 minutes of walking 3 or 4 times a week will be great for me. I just don't have time for the gym with my schedule (up at 4:30, drop son off at 6:00 a.m., commute, work from 8:30 to 4:30, pick up son at 6:00 p.m., get in the door at 6:30, dinner, bath, family time and bed for son at 9:30, shower, bed for me at 11/11:30, up again at 4:30). I'm pooped to say the least and I refuse to take away from my time with my son at this point..he is only 3 and he is only little once!

Anyhow....I'm inspired by your story and we are sending in the paperwork this week for insurance approval. And to those of my family and friends who are telling me I can do it on my own...I know I can lose it, but after 20 years of struggling...I need help keeping it off, so I've made my decision... Regis, that is my FINAL ANSWER!:lol:

I was walking around the track at the Y a week after surgery and on the elliptical 2 weeks after. I have never been a "runner" and still don't claim to be. I did the Couch to 5K program(google it) and I walk/jog/walk jog. I am only doing probably 15 min miles. My time was officially 49 minutes for the 5K(I would have been faster if not for my snail hubby) I didn't want to lose him in the crowd of 10 thousand.

I have dreams that I am running. One day it will be a reality.

u r an inspiration. i am 5 weeks out from banding (jan 20) and even though i have lost 36 lbs i am almost depressed that it is not more. just got my first fill yesterday but if feel like my weight loss is done, just like everything i have ever tried because i havent lost anything for a couple of weeks. Are these feelings normal?

Thanks everyone...it was the scariest but best decision I ever made in my life....I was tired of the yoyo, the diabetes, PCOS, the high cholesterol....I want to have a baby..which was a big motivater too...but if I don't-at least I'm healthier.