Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And now the failing begins?

Thanks everyone. You're all awesome! Today I decided that you're ALL right, and I am going to keep moving on, because it wouldn't make sense not to!

This is exactly my problem, I went for my 1st fill 1/27/11, started with 5 cc's, not an ounce of restriction, I swallowed Water and just becasue she heard a little girgle in my throat she took out a cc, i was so worried, i didn't feel anything but from reading posts i was hoping it would come later. Wow, not a single bit, i was so discouraged. wondered y can i eat everything, just once i wanted to feel what a restriction felt like, finally went in for another fill 2/25/11, thought she would give me the 1 she took away plus the other one, of course not. I still have not had an ounce of restriction. i've gained 3 lbs. I want to call my surgeon but afraid they will laugh in my face he will not talk to u he is way too busy or something. But the nurse wouldn't even listen to me and of course insurance will not pay for more than 1 a month. I've been eating the correct portions, excersising more than ever, everything i'm suppose to I'm so upset. :(

Any advise.

Mattie what does your dr say? Will he give u another fill soon? How many cc's are in your band now? I feel your frustration!! When I've posted previously looking for some specific suggestions the LAST thing I needed to hear was "remember the band is just a tool" we KNOW it's a &"$@:& tool!!! You know how to lose the weight and you DO deserve for the band to be doing what it's intended for. Call your dr, tell him all this, talk to him re your fills.

Thanks everyone. You're all awesome! Today I decided that you're ALL right, and I am going to keep moving on, because it wouldn't make sense not to!

Mattie, it's all small steps! You will get there.

Also, 21 pounds since December is a fantastic loss. Please remember plateaus will happen on the journey. I discovered along the way that my trend was to lose several pounds one week, then nothing for a couple of weeks, then down one, up one, down four, same, same, same, down one, down, two, up one. So on, so on....until the total was 70 pounds gone. It's frustrating at the time, but in the long run, you will succeed.

I've had the same experience with my weight loss. It's SO up and down! I only record the new low weights, and I only weigh myself 2x a week. If I weighed every day, I'd be stressed out.