Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling great, but...

So I had my surgery the 16th, feel great, been walking a mile, my 1st post op appt this past Wed doc told me to walk more, push myself, no problem there! But that I needed to do liquids for another week then I can start purees, ok thats fine but I was starting to drink Protein Shakes every 3-4 hrs cuz I wasnt feeling full so on Thursday I put half of a little container of greek yogurt into the shake and i was happy n content all day till about 5....I know I probably should not have done it but while readingthe lap-band bookelt it did say "yogurt" was a liquid, I know its not but it helped so much. So today I did the same but since Im not taking in as much Protein because my shakes have decreased do I push myself to just drink it to meet the protein requirements or what! Argh! I go back on the 10th for my almost 1 month appt, since my doc will be going to Europe, other than that I feel great and seeing my family eat, and I even cooked for my kids today, did not bother me! But I do miss chocolate milk so far!

You do hear different things from different surgeons. I was told 1 week of liquids, one week of mushies, than solid food. I had no issues. You might want to call and talk to someone in the office- probably a nurse and see if you can progress to mushies sooner. Congrats on your surgery.

All surgeons are different. Mine did 3 days of each postop phase and I was back on solid foods by 2 weeks. I'd call his office and see if you can advance to the next step.

I had yogurt during my pre op liquid phase and then 2 wks after surgery which was Dr recommended. By week 3 I was on solids. Just chewing a lot more than I used to and really enjoying my food now! I did gain 2 lbs once going back to solids but have since lost those. 19 lbs down since pre op diet/surgery which was Feb 1st. First fill is March 7th. I had my first episode with feeling my food get "stuck" then about a minute later go through the band, and it was not a good feeling but kinda cool to finally feel my band work! I usually have a Protein Shake for Breakfast but am away from home so I had an egg omelet, banana, and two sausage links. I ate about 5 bites of the omelet, both sausage links, and felt full up in my chest....so I stopped and waited for the nausea/pressure to pass. I am telling u all of this because until now I didn't know if what I was eating was ok really, but my doc said it's trial and error 3 wks post op. I def know I did something wrong, either too big of bites, the sausage doesn't agree with me anymore, or maybe I'm not good with solid breakfasts. I think u should try things and if it fills u up with no issues, it's golden! Follow your drs orders as much as u can too! I know others on here have stated breakfast is a time they are tight, so I didn't feel panicked when I had my experience. Listen to ur fellow banders on here! They are amazing! :)