Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

COMPLETELY UNFULLED TODAY

Hi all, So i was banded 5 months ago on September 11 and so far have lost 48 lbs which i am so happy about. I had 6.5 cc's in a 9 cc band and starting getting hungry so decided to make an appointment for Feb. 17, my dr. put 1 cc in and a day later I was soooo tight I was throwing up my saliva i called my surgeon but he wasn't available till today Feb. 22 so i went to his office this morning and he decided to take all of my fill out for 10 days then he will start slowly refilling. I am kinda dissapointed I mean I am a gym addict 5 days a week for 2 hours a day but I am afraid that i may mess up what I worked so hard for. i am absolutely starving but so far have not let myself over indulge. Has anyone else went thru this? If you did where you able to stay on track?

That's too bad. Wonder why he took it all out? Do you still have some restriction from the band? Just make good choices, you are probably going to eat more but choose good foods to fill up on...eat healthy. Good luck to you!

Wow- I am surprised he took all your Fluid out, and not just the 1cc he had just put in. I agree with the above post, focus on eating the right things- low carb, low fat, high protien. You portions may be larger than they will be once you have restriction again, but at least you shouldn't gain any. That is awsome your working out, keep that up for sure. Best wishes!

When you are overfilled that badly sometimes doctors want to take out your entire fill. I got a fill once (1cc) and was fine for a few weeks then bam I couldn't swollen even Water. Finally after 3 weeks of hell because i couldn't get in to see my doc I finally saw him and he wanted to take out my entire fill ( 5.5cc in 10cc band) but since he has placed 4cc in my band during surgery I was afraid my band might slip if he removed the whole fill so he took out 1cc.

2 weeks later I was still not doing good so he took out another .5cc and then 3 weeks after that I was still having a hard time but refusing to surrender my entire fill he took out another .5cc.

It took 2 months before my stomach was normal again. Next time I have a problem like that I will definitely let my doctor call the shots instead of being picky and refusing to be completely unfilled. 10 days unfilled is much better then 2 months of hell.

Now I am back at 5.5cc and need another fill but I am so traumatized from the last problem I am reluctant in getting another fill.

Good luck :)

When you are overfilled that badly sometimes doctors want to take out your entire fill. I got a fill once (1cc) and was fine for a few weeks then bam I couldn't swollen even Water. Finally after 3 weeks of hell because i couldn't get in to see my doc I finally saw him and he wanted to take out my entire fill ( 5.5cc in 10cc band) but since he has placed 4cc in my band during surgery I was afraid my band might slip if he removed the whole fill so he took out 1cc.

2 weeks later I was still not doing good so he took out another .5cc and then 3 weeks after that I was still having a hard time but refusing to surrender my entire fill he took out another .5cc.

It took 2 months before my stomach was normal again. Next time I have a problem like that I will definitely let my doctor call the shots instead of being picky and refusing to be completely unfilled. 10 days unfilled is much better then 2 months of hell.

Now I am back at 5.5cc and need another fill but I am so traumatized from the last problem I am reluctant in getting another fill.

Good luck :)

Let me try this again. My story is alittle different. Last week I had to have them take out all my fill due to not being able to keep food down and having so many problems this last year. Well it has been so much better for me since then. I think my stomach needed to heal. So don't bee afraid just be careful of what you eat. Give your body some time to heal.

thanx for all your feed back, and I don't know if it has anything to do with my pouch but I feel like my acutal stomache shrunk ,my eyes wanted to eat a whole plate of salad for lunch but i was only physically able to have half.and on the upside side It feels sooo great to acuatly be able to down a bottle of Water after a work out :) with the fill in i would have to sip or face the embarrasement of throwing up lol

I've been unfilled for four months, due to having another surgery and i've actually lost weight.

I just said right, three meals a day NO Snacks, not for any reason, not even a nibble. And I do a lot of exercise (which I always did), running, body pump and spinning, about an hour of one or the other or sometimes two, six days a week. I eat what I feel like eating within reason at meals, I still eat off small plates and dishes. At this poiint, I'm finding it so easy I cant imagine why I would ever fill again, its too good being able to eat things like fruit, salads and bread and to actually be able to eat anything off the menu when I go out. My appetite isnt huge and I'm not hungry, I think after five years my body has gotten used to less food and no longer asks for it. I'm confident I can keep this up apart from special situations like holidays where its just so easy to overindulge.