Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutrisystem

Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

Thinking of doing Nutrisystem instead of going through with LBS. Any thoughts or opinions out there?? Scared about surgery and scared to fail and be fat forever!!

-Kim

Hi,

Thinking of doing Nutrisystem instead of going through with LBS. Any thoughts or opinions out there?? Scared about surgery and scared to fail and be fat forever!!

-Kim

If you are doubting the lap band then perhaps this surgery is not for you. Try giving Nutrisystem or any other weight loss program a try before committing to any weight loss surgery. I however, have tried MANY weight loss programs, Nutrisystem was the last straw and I was on that program for 6 months prior to my WLS and I only lost 14 lbs. Nutrisystem did not work for me.

This is not to try & persuade you either way. I was on Nutri System three times & lost weight. My problem was it got too expensive for me, had terrible gas due to so much soy in their food & when I stopped I would resort to my old eating habits. I would gain back what I lost & more each time. I'm currently in my 6 mos diet for lap band. I decided on lap band because I know personally when I go off a diet I will resort back to my old habits So, this time it's for good.

I think you can definately lose weight with Nutri-System if you stick with it. I lost 60 pounds with it after my kids were born. Unfortunately I re-gained it all plus.. after I went off it. You have to commit to a permanent change. If you can do it with Nutri-System, more power to you. I couldn't. I hope the band will give me enough help to make the change permanent this time.

Hi,

-Kim

I've had the band for 2 1/2 years but have a total unfill. Thought I'd try NutriSystem this past month. I lasted two weeks. The food is soooo incredibly bad. I threw the rest out. I hate green peppers and so much of their food has it so my selections were reduced. Additionally, you can't pick and choose among the frozen food (the stuff they show on tv) and I wasn't going to pay for meals I couldn't eat due to the peppers, so I ordered all the regular food.

Do a google search about nutrisystem complaints. I wish I had read them first. Many people go sick on the food and had to go to the doctors or ER. Some food had bugs or worms in it. I got sick after 2 weeks on it but blamed it on the stomach flu. I had horrible diarrhea and had to go to the doctors. I don't know if it was the NS food or the stomach flu but that was the end of it for me.

On top of it all - I wasn't losing weight and I was starving. It didn't work, it's very expensive.

If I were you I wouldn't do it.

I didn't mind Nutrisystem, and actually liked some of the foods. I lost about 25 lbs. or so and probably could have lost more if I'd stuck with it (it gets expensive, and like any other diet requires constant willpower for results), but as in all of my other weight loss efforts pre-band, I couldn't keep it off. That seems to be the story with so many of us...