Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Day One of Slimfast - I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello everyone...

today is 1st day of pre-op dieting for me and my Dr. has required that I do slimfast shakes only...im on my 2nd one and Im dying because they aren't that good :o( anyone else required to do slimfast?

I noticed most people on here have been required by their Doctors to do Protein Shakes AND vegetables...my doctor has prescribed slimfast shakes....any suggestion with how I can still stick to this but incorporate other things into this liquid diet but still not "break the rules"?

any advice would be extremely appreciated!

Hello everyone...

today is 1st day of pre-op dieting for me and my Dr. has required that I do slimfast shakes only...im on my 2nd one and Im dying because they aren't that good :o( anyone else required to do slimfast?

I noticed most people on here have been required by their Doctors to do Protein shakes AND vegetables...my doctor has prescribed slimfast shakes....any suggestion with how I can still stick to this but incorporate other things into this liquid diet but still not "break the rules"?

any advice would be extremely appreciated!

Get the rich chocolate royale ones and then stick it in freezer and hour before you want it, it's not to bad, kinda like a milk shake:)

hey there. i've had a hard time with my pre-op diet too. but i definitely recommend Muscle Milk Light instead of slimfast--better tasting and better for you. and occasionally i substituted a cup of nonfat cottage cheese for one of my shakes. i'm also allowed broth and veggies, so although it tasted gross, i found that some broth with mushrooms helped a lot in the evening. and tums--the shock to the system made my stomach upset and i would be tempted to remedy that with pb and j, but tums helped. good luck!

I was on Optifast for 2 weeks before surgery. I didnt cheat or eat anything solid. It was very hard but rewarding when I stepped on the scale the morning of surgery and lost 22 lbs!

Its terrific training for the 2-3 weeks of liquid post op!

You can do it!

Slim fast. Ur lucky! This crap they have me drinking makes me want to starv. Slim fast as too many clories the dr said. So all I get is clear liquid and the meal replacment. My stomach is always growling. Has been for 4 days =(. How the heck do I get though 10 more days =(

Go to ebay, and get your MUSCLE MILK there:

They have about 12 or more flavors, and there good.

We are required to drink Muscle Milk, because it's good for you.

Slim Fast is a diet drink. Take a look at how much Protein your getting.

Then go on ebay. type in Muscle Milk, find a person selling a lot of flavors,

then scroll threw the info., and read the protein amount on the M.M.

I like Cookies n cream, chocolate Peanut Butter blend, strawberry shake, and vanilla cream.

Good Luck! You will see how many different products that there are, and they are growing

bigger every day.

My doctor has me on the Performance Nutricion mixes that you can get at Costco...and when I was in my pre-op training they specifically told me to stay away from Slim Fast. The vanilla flavored Performance Nutricion shakes taste pretty decent (not too thick) and they have 30 gm protien, only 160 calories, and less than 5 carbs each. I can get through those better than any of the other powders or premixes I've tried. I'm on my 9th day of liquid diet right now and the scale says that I've dropped 13.5 lbs.

OHNO! The S word!!! SLIMFAST. Really? I hated that stuff. I tried Shakeology, from Milliondollarbody.com, it costs 99 bucks and you get 30 drinks out of it. If I didnt have that I tried a whey Protein from GNC I cant remember what its called now. Slimfast had too much sugar in it for me and barely any protein. I think 10 grams compared to what I was getting in other things. DIdnt make sens to me to be drinking lo protein when it was supposed to be high protein. I also asked if I could have greek yougurt , 14 grams of protein and very thick, Doc said yes, I still use it today. The goal is to get some fat off your body,,,mainly around your liver I believe. Dont be any more miserable than you have to. Contct your Doc and tell them SLimcrap just isnt working for you.