Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my first fill yesterday!!!

So, as my title reads 'I got my first fill yesterday!' it is true! Ha! laugh.gif

I cannot believe how easy it was.

I expected it to be painful...

which, it was not.

However... just the idea that he DID stick a NEEDLE into my stomach..

totally made me feel like i should be in pain, so overall...

it was a little uncomfortable

I have a 11cc band and he put 5cc's inside it. I totally felt restriction last night on the liquid diet I had to be on... it was crazy!

He did tell me something that has put questions into my head.

He said

"This fill will eventually lose restriction''

infact he told me that

''Some patients lose restriction within two days, some two weeks''

the reason for this as he explained it was that first off,

the first 3cc's really didn't put any restriction as much as it just 'turned on' the band.

He also said that my stomach linning would try to fit into the band so it would become thinner.

.... is this how it is always going to be?

Every fill that I get?

I mean, that seems like a total pain.

That for a couple days, possibly a week I have restriction and then I have to back to get a fill?

How long did your first fill last?

How long did the fills after that last?

I know that I personally do NOT want to be at the doctors office every two weeks(if it lasts that long)

I made an appointment for three weeks from now, but he said if I lose restriction before that then I can come in sooner.

I would like some stories on your first fills, how long they last, how that your current fill feels, ect.

Thank you VERY much.biggrin.gif

I got my first fill Thursday, also. He only put in about 2 cc's but I totally have restriction right now. My next appt is in 7 weeks due to their scheduling, not mine. It was supposed to be 4 weeks. Oh well. I felt like I had some minor restriction with just the band though so maybe it will be no big deal. What I don't know is if my restriction today is due to swelling, and if so, obviously it won't last then :(

So what is the average fill. I know I have the smaller size lapband??? I need to ask how many cc's. I have heard people talk about .5cc fills......I think that is a waste of time. I want the darn thing tight where I cannot overeat. I want to be ready to argue the point. Any advice out there???

I'm in the same boat. I got my first fill about a week ago (4cc/10cc band). I felt some restriction the first two days- I had a small meal and felt satisfied, it was great. After that, though, I feel like nothing is different than before surgery. I'm being careful not to go crazy, but I'm going on sheer willpower here, and if I was good at that, I wouldn't have had a BMI of 40. I'm kinda' scared, actually. I'm afraid of losing the little progress I've made. I'm glad this topic is brought up. I had no warning of this, so I thought it was just me.

I'm in the same boat. I got my first fill about a week ago (4cc/10cc band). I felt some restriction the first two days- I had a small meal and felt satisfied, it was great. After that, though, I feel like nothing is different than before surgery. I'm being careful not to go crazy, but I'm going on sheer willpower here, and if I was good at that, I wouldn't have had a BMI of 40. I'm kinda' scared, actually. I'm afraid of losing the little progress I've made. I'm glad this topic is brought up. I had no warning of this, so I thought it was just me.

I had my first fill of 4ccs yesterday and I feel like it is a miracle. I am not at all hungry today. This was a pleasant surprise because last week I felt like I did pre surgery, hungry all the time. I am praying this restriction lasts. I do not go back for 6 weeks, but they did tell me to call in 4 if I needed one. Keep up the willpower and try not to think about the short term. They say it takes sometimes 3-6 fills before you hit the sweet spot. We did not gain the weight overnight but we would all love to lose it overnight. Everyday is a day closer to our goals. Just be strong. Always happy to listen. We are all feeling the same things. That is what makes these boards so great.