Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can u feel anything when band slips?

I'm just wondering if I've ruined my band :( I see how everyone is on liquids for 1 or 2 weeks after surgery and all my papers from my dr and every meeting with my dr he told me my post op diet was 1 to 2 days liquids then 3rd day start mushies for the 3rd and 4th day then 5th day start eating regular food. So that's what I've done but of course I don't rly have any restrictions I do get full faster and when I do get full it hurts and I feel extremely bloated and I just don't know if this is all normal if there is anyone else who was told by their dr they could eat by the 3rd day. I'm going to my primary dr tomorrow and I'm gonna have him look at it. Any suggestions

Seems like the most common symptoms posted here are daily vomiting and reflux, especially at night.

Mimi

Yup... unfortunately when your restricted too tightly (which most of us end up doing) you will PB at most meals if you try and eat bulky/sticky items. I personally will PB before I go to bed so I avoid having reflux at night. Forget about sleeping on your stomach anymore.

But on the positive side, I'm down to my high school weight and am in the best shape of my life! Worth the price I pay at meal times.

Jessy

I'm just wondering if I've ruined my band :( I see how everyone is on liquids for 1 or 2 weeks after surgery and all my papers from my dr and every meeting with my dr he told me my post op diet was 1 to 2 days liquids then 3rd day start mushies for the 3rd and 4th day then 5th day start eating regular food. So that's what I've done but of course I don't rly have any restrictions I do get full faster and when I do get full it hurts and I feel extremely bloated and I just don't know if this is all normal if there is anyone else who was told by their dr they could eat by the 3rd day. I'm going to my primary dr tomorrow and I'm gonna have him look at it. Any suggestions

I honestly don't think you ruined your band. I have notice while reading everyones blogs that every doctor has different recommendations. My doctor recommended a different diet than my nutritionist. I had so many questions i went on here and read then I went on Youtube and listened to some doctors but every answer was different. One thing i know for sure is everyone is different and everyone's tolerance level is different. I really don't think you ruined your band at all. Just try to find a program that is right for you and good luck!!!

TylerAshton: You probably haven't ruined your band. Just retrain yourself - go to liquids for two days, soft for two days, mushies for two days, then regular food - chopped very tiny and chewed well. If you're in pain see your Dr. Every Dr. is different and has a different post-op plan based on their experiences with their patients. I personally was eating Pasta (soft cooked) by day five.

As for the comment, "Forget about sleeping on your stomach anymore." that's not true at all. This comes up often on the boards and generally it's about a week after surgery and you can sleep on your side and around day 10-12 you can sleep on your stomach. If you can't after four weeks then you should see your surgeon to find out why.

I'm 3.5 weeks post op and have been sleeping on my stomach for a while now, am able to do crunches, push-ups, the plank, yoga, etc. with no issues - have been eating almost normally since the 20th (6 days post op) - including pieces of tofu, pizza, bread, Pasta, rice (all lower calorie and whole grain of course).

Something to keep in mind - your pouch is about the size of an egg - the stoma (hole) from it into your lower stomach is about the size of a dime.

Eat with that in mind and you'll learn to stop eating much sooner before you're too full.

I went to "full liquids" at 3 days post-op and was on a regular diet at about a week. Every doctor's orders are different. Just because you see something different here does not mean your orders are wrong.

If you are concerned, call your surgeon's office and discuss it with them. Your primary care doctor probably won't be able to tell anything by looking at you. I believe slips are diagnosed via an Upper GI.

Are you have any problems with reflux or vomiting?

You mention feeling very full to the point of having pain. I think you need to start measuring your food. My doctor says 3 oz of Protein. Even as I am approaching restriction I don't feel full until a couple minutes after stopping eating. I try to stop when I stop feeling hungry and then wait a bit to see how I feel. It sounds like you are eating until you feel full and then it hurts. If you measure out your food and don't allow yourself seconds this might help your issue of eating to much.