Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I am too tight....

I just got a fill on Monday, Feb 1. I tend to swell after a fill, so I stay on liquids for 72 hrs. Sometimes I can drink and eat a bit and sometimes I cannot keep Water down. How long does it take for some of the fill to "go down" so I can at least drink without throwing up? I do not want to go get any of the fill taken out...so I am trying to ride this out. I am not dehydrated since sometimes I can drink and hold it down, but I do feel my energy level decreasing. This did happen before and I HAD to get some of my fill taken out, but it was way worse last time. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else and how long it took for relief.

I'd call your doctor. I think you're going to need a small unfill.

I, too, swell after fills, but usually after 72 hrs, I'm back to normal. With one fill, it took a week, but that was mostly because I tried to eat normally too soon and then got stuck repeatedly.

As you get closer to your goal, it takes really small amounts to make the difference between good restriction and an overfill. I don't know how big of a fill you got, but you may only need .1-.2 removed to make a huge difference.

Cindy

I agree with Cindy. You may need to just get a very tiny bit taken out. You should not have a problem with fluids and throwing up with liquids ever.

My advise would also be to stop getting fills at this point. Once you reach a good restriction level, it's good to just leave well enough alone. Your weightloss is great !! WOW!

Thank you ladies so much! I had not had a fill since mid October 2010 before this last one. I had lost 25 lbs since that last fill too, so I am not sure how much I got this time. I totally forgot to ask. Due to the ice and snow, my doctor's office will be closed today and tomorrow, so I will call them Friday. They are usually closed, but maybe they will be open for emergencies. I was able to drink 2 bottles of Water last night and I kept it all down....WHEW HOO!!! I think the main issue is that I am having a sinus drainage issue. My doctor told me last time that when your sinuses drain, they drain into your stomach, which tells your stomach you are eating. So something as small as a sip of Water or even swallowing can trigger you to throw up. If I can get this sinus medicine to work, I will be ok. I only have issues when my sinuses act up. UGH!

Again, thank you all for the advice and compliments. This has been an incredible journey and I am soooooooo happy! :-)

Thank you for the heads up on the sinus (in my case allergies) issue. Perhaps this might explain what I am going through right now. I will see if once I get my sinus drainage undercontrol things will improve.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Thank you! The sinus drainage is the only issue that I have had with this whole process. If I could get rid of that, I would be great!

Thank you for the heads up on the sinus (in my case allergies) issue. Perhaps this might explain what I am going through right now. I will see if once I get my sinus drainage undercontrol things will improve.

Congrats on your weight loss!

I just had my third fill and it has been the worse one so far dirt two fills I was liquid for 24 hours then soft then solids and had no problem. I had my fill yesterday managed my Water and tea at the doctors had Soup in the evening after that could not keep much liquid down and kept vomiting seems I can just drink water today. Nurse has said this can be normal but it has concerned me as not experienced this previously