Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tasty Soups?????

What are some good Soups for full liquid phase?

I copied this one for you from MyLapBand.com

Lasagna Soup

Serving size: 1 recipe Recipe makes: 1

Ingredients

2 packages of Lipton Tomato Cup of Soup (dry mix)

1 1/2-2 cups boiling Water

garlic powder to taste

onion powder to taste

Italian seasoning to taste

1/3 cup Kraft Shredded Italian cheese

Directions

1.) In a large mug, empty packages of soup.

2.) Add boiling Water, seasonings and cheese. Stir until desolved and well mixed. Tastes amazingly like lasagna!

Recipe submitted by Vickie Magana

Remove from My Recipe Box

stars4.gif</IMG> (2)

Rate this Recipe 1 member(s) said:"Tasted great"

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 1 min

Cook Time: 2 min

Good for: lunch | dinner | Snack | Liquid | Vegetarian | Family Favorites | Italian

I really like Pacific Brand Sweet Red Pepper/Tomato (sometimes found in the organic isle, comes in a box); and Progresso Tomato Basil (Tried the the regualar tomato and did'nt like it). I also added Mrs Dash No Salt chicken flavor spice to the Soups before heating. The spices reconstitute and add alot of flavor.

I copied this one for you from MyLapBand.com

Lasagna Soup

Serving size: 1 recipe Recipe makes: 1

Ingredients

2 packages of Lipton Tomato Cup of Soup (dry mix)

1 1/2-2 cups boiling Water

garlic powder to taste

onion powder to taste

Italian seasoning to taste

1/3 cup Kraft Shredded Italian cheese

Directions

1.) In a large mug, empty packages of soup.

2.) Add boiling Water, seasonings and cheese. Stir until desolved and well mixed. Tastes amazingly like lasagna!

Recipe submitted by Vickie Magana

Remove from My Recipe Box

stars4.gif</IMG> (2)

Rate this Recipe 1 member(s) said:"Tasted great"

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 1 min

Cook Time: 2 min

Good for: lunch | dinner | Snack | Liquid | Vegetarian | Family Favorites | Italian

Yummy!!

I am a huge Soup lover and make soup all the time. What I am doing today is making my regular vegtable soup which is just chicken bullion cubes (1 per 1C water) and adding onion, celery and carrots. I am going to make it with alot of broth so when the soup is done I can have the broth now and when I get to the pureed stage I can have the rest of the soup. I plan on blending it all up and freezing it in single portion sizes. I am doing this with all the Soups I make so I will have it on hand.

Hope this helps some,

Wendy

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Singing...

I will survive as long as I have my Bandsters I know I'll make it through

I will thrive, I will thrive, I will thriiive

Egg drop Soup worked for me.

I have a quick, and easy recipe for a creamy hearty onion Soup. It will be up in calories but you could probably substitute something for the cream. I made it today for the first time, and it was fantastic.. Let me know if you want it, and I'll send it your way.

Could also be used for Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Brocoli Etc.

I just make up Soup recipes, I get creative with what's left in the bottom of the vegie drawer.

Usually I'll use a base of butternut pumpkin (I think that's squash to you guys?), and chuck in whatever I have. I always sautee some bacon and onion first, then for the stock or broth I use Vegeta seasoning (its just a vegetable powdered stock). I dont make it too watery, I like thick soup. I just puree this all up, serve with a dollop of natural or greek yogurt.

One favourite is zucchini and leek - again sautee onion and bacon, then add in a couple of sliced leeks and 3 or so zucchini, about a cup of Water and sweat it all down so the flavour is really intense, then add in your broth/stock, simmer till its all soft enough to be pureed - at this stage, I often puree in some light sour cream or natural yogurt.

I make a really yummy one - pumpkin soup (either canned or home made) with some crunchy Peanut Butter, sour cream and curry powder blended in - that one's a real meal due to all the calories in the pb and sour cream.

I'm a real fan of stew style Soups too but those are chunky and have bits of meat, not really for liquid stage.

I find I cant go past good old Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup - love love love it, made with milk and with a grilled cheese sandwich - ah, comfort food for Friday night dinner. And very occasionally, I get a yen for a cup-a-soup.

Any Thai inspired soup is a hit round here too - a good laksa cant be beat (but again, not a real liquid due to chicken or prawns and noddles),, and we all love Tom Yum soup.

I just make up Soup recipes, I get creative with what's left in the bottom of the vegie drawer.

Usually I'll use a base of butternut pumpkin (I think that's squash to you guys?), and chuck in whatever I have. I always sautee some bacon and onion first, then for the stock or broth I use Vegeta seasoning (its just a vegetable powdered stock). I dont make it too watery, I like thick Soup. I just puree this all up, serve with a dollop of natural or greek yogurt.

One favourite is zucchini and leek - again sautee onion and bacon, then add in a couple of sliced leeks and 3 or so zucchini, about a cup of Water and sweat it all down so the flavour is really intense, then add in your broth/stock, simmer till its all soft enough to be pureed - at this stage, I often puree in some light sour cream or natural yogurt.

I make a really yummy one - pumpkin soup (either canned or home made) with some crunchy Peanut Butter, sour cream and curry powder blended in - that one's a real meal due to all the calories in the pb and sour cream.

I'm a real fan of stew style Soups too but those are chunky and have bits of meat, not really for liquid stage.

I find I cant go past good old Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup - love love love it, made with milk and with a grilled cheese sandwich - ah, comfort food for Friday night dinner. And very occasionally, I get a yen for a cup-a-soup.

Any Thai inspired soup is a hit round here too - a good laksa cant be beat (but again, not a real liquid due to chicken or prawns and noddles),, and we all love Tom Yum soup.

Question? I keep hearing that folks cannot tolerate bread. How do you handle the grilled cheese?

thanks,

JEff

I handle bread fine and always have - although I dont have any fill these days, but when I did, I could eat bread pretty easily, just not a lot of it.