Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crap...too tight?

I thought this last fill was going to be perfect! Yesterday, wow...it tightened up (I think) and I had one of those days where I just couldn't ever manage to get anything solid down. I was eventually able to drink a Protein Shake and some tea and Water, but what a miserable day ;( I need to tread carefully today to see if yesterday's fiasco was a result of the swelling caused by the 1st stuck episode or if I'm just too tight. I went in for a nut session on Monday and scheduled another one for next Monday...she said they could remove some of the fill whenever I needed it. I am flying to AZ next week for a visit with relatives who don't know about my surgery. I think I'm going to get some of this fill removed so I can eat a little more normally. This still might not be too tight, but I'm so "close" to being too tight that any swelling results in trouble. I know when I fly that I swell a bit as well. I just don't want to get out there and be in trouble after a long flight. My nut said no problem...they will remove some - give me a little more room...and then put it back in when I come home. I love my surgeon's practice! Everyone there is banded (including him) and they all know what it's like to live the banded life! Just wanted to post this so all the newbies out there can see that there is always a solution to whatever problem or hiccup you run into!

! Everyone there is banded (including him) and they all know what it's like to live the banded life! Just wanted to post this so all the newbies out there can see that there is always a solution to whatever problem or hiccup you run into!

My surgeon and many of his staff are also banded and I really think that has made a huge difference in how they approach their patients.

Good luck with your unfill. Hope it's enough but not too much. :)

You are right you may have some swelling. However, I wouldn't wait more that 2-3 days to get an unfill. There is no reason to be miserable for a whole week. I hesitated to get unfills and suffered longer than neccessary. I found after the unfills I was in a good place, restriction but everythig stayed down. You may want to see if your doc. and see you at the end of this week if things aren't better. Hope you feel better soon, best wishes.

There is always the option of telling your family about the band so they will understand why you eat like a bird.

Of course if you are actually too tight a tiny unfill would be a good thing, but I wouldn't mess with your sweet spot just so you can eat more and keep the big secret. Just a thought .....

Good advice all - thanks :) HB - I know what you mean about messing with the sweet spot. I have considered that alternative, but feel so unsure about it. The first thing I'm trying to discern is whether I'm actually too tight or not. Today went "ok" but not great. I never actually was "stuck" but I can only eat like 4-5 bites of ANYTHING at one time, and then I just have to stop. I found myself "grazing" today just to get enough calories in. I even tried eating some of a cinnamon roll, still could eat very little of it (after chewing it to mush). I think a small unfill is in order. I would probably wait it out a while longer if I wasn't traveling, but I really don't want to get into trouble out there. I'm going to help take care of my sis' family while she recovers from an operation. I don't want any attention on me, that's for sure. I can sure see how the weight would fall off if I stayed like this, but it doesn't seem healthy. I haven't done too well on the veggies the last couple of days...I'm going to give those a shot tomorrow and see how I do. Thanks all!

Your plan sounds good...sometimes even 0.25ml unfill is enough to enable you to eat a normal portion which will keep you full for 3-4 hours without grazing.

Best wishes,

Mimi

I'm going MOnday and getting a little taken out. I can drink liquids fine, but this morning I had to stop eating after 1/2 of my greek yogurt cause I felt like another bite would pile back up into my esophogus! I was able to eat a nice portion size of chili for lunch and stayed full for a VERY long time. However, if I would have eaten something else that would not have been so soft, I'm sure I would have not been able to eat that much. Last night for dinner I had a very small turkey burger..no bun of course... (homemade recipe...delicious!) and it took me FOREVER to eat it b/c I had to be so careful. I really wouldn't mind eating that way to lose weight faster, but I can't help but draw unwanted attention to myself. I have already stopped eating in the lunchroom at work so much because of all the damn noises I make when I eat!!! I'm goint to ask the doc to pull all the Fluid out so I can know exactly how much is in there and remember how I felt at that level...Like I said, I may end up going back to this level, but feel I will be better maybe .1 or so down from where I am.

I'm going MOnday and getting a little taken out. I can drink liquids fine, but this morning I had to stop eating after 1/2 of my greek yogurt cause I felt like another bite would pile back up into my esophogus! I was able to eat a nice portion size of chili for lunch and stayed full for a VERY long time. However, if I would have eaten something else that would not have been so soft, I'm sure I would have not been able to eat that much. Last night for dinner I had a very small turkey burger..no bun of course... (homemade recipe...delicious!) and it took me FOREVER to eat it b/c I had to be so careful. I really wouldn't mind eating that way to lose weight faster, but I can't help but draw unwanted attention to myself. I have already stopped eating in the lunchroom at work so much because of all the damn noises I make when I eat!!! I'm goint to ask the doc to pull all the Fluid out so I can know exactly how much is in there and remember how I felt at that level...Like I said, I may end up going back to this level, but feel I will be better maybe .1 or so down from where I am.

OMG.. those noises! I had a fill last week ( i am pretty tight) and every morning at the office ,when i drink my Protein shake everyone stares at me cause they think i burp! I can t stop gurgling..

Btw , after the doc has taken out all the liquid, you feel a little weird.I felt the band much different than before.