Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My turn front & center...

Hi! My name's Janet (clever screen name, huh :)). My hubby & I are in Keller, TX (Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex) & we're very pre-op -- we go in next Tuesday for our initial evaluation. We’re hoping to self-pay, though (been saving a while), so hopefully it’ll happen quickly.

He's a music d00d (teacher, producer, critic, writer, etc) & I'm a web developer (think Java, not Flash).

We're in our late 30's & both MO. Heavy all our lives, we met each other at 33 (go eharmony.com!). We gave each other permission to relax & eat as we wanted... and boy did we!! We both gained 100+ pounds in our 3 years of marriage... and our "fun" list of activities has shrunk because of it.

We’re banding together (pun fully intended, lol), so our eating habits will change at the same time. Hopefully we can both survive all the other changes headed our way!

I’m SO looking forward to our new life together:

Sitting on a plane without a belt extender (or an extra seat)

Going to movie theaters where the arms don’t go up

Sitting in booths at restaurants instead of tables

Choosing our church based on other factors then seating (ha!)

Walking to the store down the street instead of driving

Seeing the outside world again instead of rolling from couch to car to chair & back

Being able to sleep in a regular double-sized bed instead of requiring a King size mattress

Getting into a car with ease instead of requiring a van / SUV

More, um, adventurous private times :cheeky

sleeping without feeling like I’m drowning in fat

Kids!!!

Living more then 5 years & hopefully avoiding diabetes

A day where taking out the trash isn’t a huge exertion (and a day’s worth of exercise)

And the list goes on…

I’m so glad to find LBT, ya’ll seem to be a great group of folks & it’s awesome to find others going through the process! I look forward to our trip together!

<< Hugs!! >>

Janet

Keller, TX

Dr Robert Sewell (I hope) http://www.mastercenters.com

BMI 42

297 / 150

Welcome to LBT Janet! How neat that the two of you are getting banded together. I would think that would make life so much easier for both of you. My DH eats all the time, and makes me want Snacks even when I'm not hungry! Good luck to both of you, and keep us posted!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Welcomr to LBT Janet. Good luck with your pre-op.

Hi, Janet! I live in Sanger, so we're not too far from each other. Glad you are here, be sure to ask lots of questions, and spend some time with the "search" feature! Cindy

Hey Janet -

Just saw this post. I'm in Keller, too and was banded on 1/12. Let me know how you're doing. PM me anytime.

Kim

My sister and I were banded on the same day--aug. 29, 2005. We are both doing fine. We are our own support group. By talking to each other, we don't bore everyone else. I think you and your husband will have a lot of success with your weight loss.

Thanks for all the kind words! We've finally got a date... they talked us into doing it apart (mostly because the surgery calendar was full). Mikey is 2/13 (my birthday! lol), I'm 2/15.

We're on the pre-op diet now... and cannot WAIT to get banded & stop feeling so hungry!!

We'll have to have a DFW get together sometime. :cake: Seems there's quite a few of us around!

There's another couple here that dropped so much weight that they now look like their children instead of themselves. You'll do great as a team. I don't think getting banded the same time is a good idea, so I'm glad you're going separate. The first week after banding is a time to be pampered, so now you'll be able to pamper and take care of eachother during your post-op healing phases.

Congrads to you both for making a lifechanging decision that will bring back your vitality and youth.

:welcome2:

Congratulations on your and your hubby's decision to be banded. You both will do great!