Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BANDED THIS MONDAY

I posted this in pre-op .. BUT now that i am so close, i should be lurking in post-op. I am venting and looking for support.

Today is my last day on full liquids, tomorrow is all Clear Liquids and Monday i'll be going in for surgery.

This is how i currently feel:

I am scared and excited. i am a little depressed this whole week being on pre-op diet. I feel so hungry and feel like i am missing out on the "fun" this weekend. I never had surgery in my life and i am scared so much that i thought about backing out. I've come to far and won't back out. i can not wait for next week when i am banded and feeling more normal.

I hate reading about the people that only loose 30-50 lbs with lap band. i dont understand why. i pray i am not one of those people. i am scared about having loose skin. I am excited to be a normal weight again, i am excited for all the compliments on how much weight i am loosing. I dont want people to ask me HOW i lost the weight. i dont know if i should lie and say i am dieting or tell people i have lapband. i am confused today and moody. I am stocked up on muscle milk and pudding and Jello and broth etc. I am dying for a real meal. I lost some weight this week and it feels good. i am staying away from friends and family this week. i cant stand when people eat in front of me. i quit smoking now for 16 days and i think i will not smoke again even after the surgery. I found i have strong will power to stick to this pre-op diet with no cheating, quit smoking, no soda or coffee this week either. i am proud of myself. i cant wait to loose the first 50lbs and fit into my old clothes that i havent fit into in over a year and half. i cant wait to be even thinner than that. I have high self esteem, always have, when i have lost weight before and was a size 9-10 i was sooo self conscience...now that i am double that size i have more self esteem, i am scared that loosing the weight may do that to me again. i cant wait to get skimpy clothes for my boyfriend. i cant wait until the summer. i am scared to loose my amazing boobs, i hope they dont sag. i am already thinking about a Tummy Tuck and boob lift next year. am i crazy?

all these things are going through my head...ANYONE FEEL ME?

I was banded on Monday. I have had all of the same feelings as you. I am still on clear liquids, but have had a few creamy liquids today for the first time. It felt so good to eat something other than broth and Jello and gatorade.

Im not sure what to tell people either. I too am scared about loose skin and saggy boobs. I went to the store today for a baby shower gift and the store is located right next to McDonalds and Sizzler. OMG it was pure torture the smells that were coming out of there! I just want some REAL food. I feel like Im obsessing about food and I stare longingly at my husbands plate of food....wow this is really hard. I lost about 28 lbs pre-op, but I still have about 85 to go. I have to go to a baby shower tomorrow and then a superbowl party and I am dreading all of the delicious food that is sure to be there. I dread the "why aren't you eating" questions. I might try to bow out of the superbowl party for that reason...I can hardly stand to see my household eat real food...not sure how Im gonna do in public. I have found that chewing gum really does help a lot. Anyways, best of luck to you...Just wanted to let you know that youre not the only one feeling this way!

i'm glad i am not alone...

so are you hungry now that you are banded and on liquids?

i only had to do pre-op diet for this last week, i dont think i lost that much but i will find out on monday when i get weighed at the hospital.

i am also obsessing about food. i think about 'Real' food all day.

I was banded on Monday. I have had all of the same feelings as you. I am still on clear liquids, but have had a few creamy liquids today for the first time. It felt so good to eat something other than broth and Jello and gatorade.

Im not sure what to tell people either. I too am scared about loose skin and saggy boobs. I went to the store today for a baby shower gift and the store is located right next to McDonalds and Sizzler. OMG it was pure torture the smells that were coming out of there! I just want some REAL food. I feel like Im obsessing about food and I stare longingly at my husbands plate of food....wow this is really hard. I lost about 28 lbs pre-op, but I still have about 85 to go. I have to go to a baby shower tomorrow and then a superbowl party and I am dreading all of the delicious food that is sure to be there. I dread the "why aren't you eating" questions. I might try to bow out of the superbowl party for that reason...I can hardly stand to see my household eat real food...not sure how Im gonna do in public. I have found that chewing gum really does help a lot. Anyways, best of luck to you...Just wanted to let you know that youre not the only one feeling this way!

Sometimes i feel like i just want to sit down and eat a steak and potato dinner. But honestly I think im obsessing about food. This week Im starting full liquids and its really nice to eat food with a little more substance. That being said, very little fills you up. I felt like i was hungry the first week and i couldnt wait for it to be over but now that it is, im feeling better. I think Im feeling better simply because I know I can have something more than clears. Im sure its all in my head. Good luck to you...when were you banded?