Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly lost average?

I dont feel so bad now... I thought i was not on goal as others banded around the same time but I am currently at 32lbs as of today. I lost 8lbs since last tuesday but of course my band was to tight. Proud of everyone keep up the good work!!

I've been banded for 15 months and since my date of surgery (some was lost prior to surgery), my weight loss has averaged out at less than 1 pound per week. I had a several month stall due to an overfill and then problems related to swelling due to the constant pbing and stuck episodes. For the last couple of months, my weight loss is a consistent 1 lb per week.

Your story sounds like mine...but I still average a little under 1 lb per week...

I've been averaging about 2 lbs a week also. I've just got my 1st fill this past Monday(1-7-11) and I explained to my doctor how depressing its been because I thought I should have lost more by now but he confirmed that I'm on the right track and that it was normal to lose about 2 lbs a week.

When I avg the whole time I've been banded it is 1lb a week. When I am doing things right I avg 2 to 3lbs a week. I have lost 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks. From June to Sept I lost only 3 lbs:(. So, the key is to stay on track and you will do fine! I think most people go through slumps like me though which will knock your weekly average down.

I am 26 weeks post op and averaged am doing 1.3 pounds a week. Since my last fill 3 weeks go where I either hit or approached restriction I've lost 8.5 pounds which is 2.8 pounds per week. I tend to be one of the those plateau for 2 weeks and then lose 2 pounds.

The average loss with the band is 1-2lbs a week. I've lost anywhere from 0-6lbs. Nowadays it's about 1.5lbs a week. I was losing 3lbs but since I only have 16 left to go I'm sure it'll continue to slow.

I am averaging about 2.2 lbs a week. I am happy with that!

According to fitday :

Start weight 07/05/2010 253lb

End weight 02/11/2011 197lb

Average weekly change 1.78lb lost per week

If i consider that i do not exercise, i am very pleased with my weight loss.My doc says i am moving pretty fast for a lapbander.IMO a loss is a loss, and being overweight oblige me to be patient.We did not gain so much weight over 7 months.It is not a race ,it is a change of life.

I will be post op 3 months this Monday. I have had only one fill and I am down 30 lbs. But, I have been at 30 down for the past 8 weeks, and then I stalled. I haven't moved on the scale, I had to r/s my 2nd fill due to insurance issues, and I will now get that fill 2-28-11. I may not be loosing BUT..... Tonight, I put on and buttoned my NEW size 18 jeans from Ann Taylor Loft..... The last time I wore that was over 22 years ago. So, even though I have not lost on the scale, I am deffintly hitting inches. I am hoping though with the second fill that I start seeing movement again.

I began my 3 week pre-op December 1st and was banded the 20th. Since beginning this journey I am down 55 pounds - averaging about 5 pounds per week. Its definitely not easy. I see a trainer twice a week and work out at least 3 times a week on my own. I calorie count and try to stick to 1000 - 1200 calories per day. For me at this point its all will power, I feel little restriction and do get hungry a couple hours after I eat. A personal choice for me was cutting out caffeine, alcohol and red meat. I think that has helped.

We are all doing well!

Mar

I was banded on 5/19/10. To date, I've lost 144 pounds - I guess that's an average of 4 lbs per week. I was at 210 for about six weeks and I finally had an unfill on Tuesday. I forgot what it felt like to eat food and have it go down without hurting. Today I'm 204.8 and I'm taking it easy - still have an ultimate goal of 165 (40 more to go). My next mini goal is to get to 199.9!!!

Wish me luck as I do all of you...

Rebecca