Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a million questions

no one
Sign in to follow this  

I've had my lap band for 2 months now and The first month I lost 13 pounds, the second month 0 (zero). Here are my questions. Feel free to copy and paste and answer them with your own personal information.

1. How long have you had your band?

2. How much weight have you lost?

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"?

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you?

5. How often do you exercise?

6. Does anyone do Yoga and how long did you wait until you started practicing again?

7. Do you ever drink alcohol?

8. What foods give you a problem?

9. Does your port stick out?

10. How much Water do you get in each day?

11. Any tips that will help on the journey?

Hi, I'll certainly answer your questions. Hope it helps!

1. How long have you had your band? Since September, 2008, which would be two years, 3 months.

2. How much weight have you lost? 70, then I kind of didn't pay attention because I had other surgery which distracted me, now I've lost an additional 10

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"? I've had three fills, no unfills.

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you? No, just watch calories.

5. How often do you exercise? :blink: Need to start up again...

6. Does anyone do Yoga and how long did you wait until you started practicing again? No

7. Do you ever drink alcohol? No

8. What foods give you a problem? More than 1/3 piece of bread, sometimes chicken and turkey, definitely rice

9. Does your port stick out? No

10. How much Water do you get in each day? 4 bottles religeously

11. Any tips that will help on the journey? Stick to it, it works if you work it!!

Great questions, made me think...

Hi..I'm Dee I understand what you are going through. It is a roller coaster ride. I have good days and I have bad days. It will get easier as time goes by. Hang in there and good luck on your new journey.

1. How long have you had your band? I was banded on the 19th of Oct.

2. How much weight have you lost? 33.4 lbs

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"? I have had 2 fills. 1st was 4.5 cc, 2nd was 1 cc and no I still have not found my sweet spot.

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you? I just do high Protein.

5. How often do you exercise? walk at work but not to much.

6. Does anyone do Yoga and how long did you wait until you started practicing again? No

7. Do you ever drink alcohol? Sip every now and then.

8. What foods give you a problem? Anything dry.

9. Does your port stick out? No

10. How much Water do you get in each day? Between 52oz -64 oz

11. Any tips that will help on the journey? Be patient....everyone is different.

1. How long have you had your band? 7 months (june 29 2010)

2. How much weight have you lost? 90 glorious pounds.

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"? 3, I have 5.2 cc's in a 10 cc band. (This will change with the more weight I lose)

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you? I count my protien and calories

5. How often do you exercise? Yes, daily - 30 min cardio plus 30 min strength training. I do miss a day occassionally.

6. Does anyone do Yoga and how long did you wait until you started practicing again? Never tried it, but would like to

7. Do you ever drink alcohol? Once in a great while. Had 3 glass' of wine xmas eve, would have one or two drinks at the lake last summer once in a while.

8. What foods give you a problem? bread, scrambled eggs, Pasta. (better if I try at night, sometimes I can eat them but I pretty much don't even try any more)

9. Does your port stick out? no (not yet) not sure if it ever will.

10. How much Water do you get in each day?64 - 80 oz or more. once in a while i fall short.

11. Any tips that will help on the journey? Listen to your stomach, not your head. Get to know if you are hungry or just want to eat. Drink your water and exercise.

Good Luck to you!

1. How long have you had your band? August 13,2010

2. How much weight have you lost? 32lb

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"? 8 I think 10 CC's

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you? I follow the 90/10 rule. Eat healthy most of the time and special occasions like someone birthday I can have cake. I make sure to get 3 Oz of Protein at each meal.

5. How often do you exercise? Seven days a week. One hour of Lap Swimming, Water proof MP3 players are the best invention ever!

7. Do you ever drink alcohol? No

8. What foods give you a problem? Not really. The only thing that has given me issues is baby carrots when I them to fast.

9. Does your port stick out? No. In fact it is really deep and the nurse really needs to look for it.

10. How much water do you get in each day? Probably 80 oz. I do drink a lot of Decaf coffee being as the North East has turned into a frozen tundra.

11. Any tips that will help on the journey? Really think about what your food triggers are. You may need to cut them out of your life. I used to have all kinds of crackers, Cookies, Baked potato chips, Cereal. I would either sit down and eat half a box of cereal or snack on it all day. Now I only get to have crackers if I’m at a party and eat 2-3.

Also start concentrating and thinking about what you’re eating. The more you savor each bite the more you’ll enjoy it.

I've had my lap band for 2 months now and The first month I lost 13 pounds, the second month 0 (zero). Here are my questions. Feel free to copy and paste and answer them with your own personal information.

1. How long have you had your band? Banded 10/25/10

2. How much weight have you lost? 49.6 lbs as of yesterday

3. How many fills and unfills did you get until you found the "sweet spot"? I've had two fills, not at that sweet spot but losing consistently so far without it.

4. If you stick to a particular diet (ie weight watchers, low carb, Atkins, etc) which on works for you? no particular diet other than to count my calories & watch serving sizes, get my Protein before anything else and adjust according around certain events or dining out meals.

5. How often do you exercise? Every day or other day....just depends on the schedule. I use the elliptical & a variety of Zumba videos. Just added in free weights.

6. Does anyone do Yoga and how long did you wait until you started practicing again? Haven't tried that

7. Do you ever drink alcohol? Yes, i love wine. I have a small glass occasionally & remember to add it in with my calories & add in an extra workout...as my youngest says when he sees my glass...."Mom, that's another hour of zumba today for that!" LOVE IT!

8. What foods give you a problem? I can eat pretty much everything. Raw broccoli doesn't go down the smoothest though.

9. Does your port stick out? It doesn't stick out yet, but i can feel it.

10. How much Water do you get in each day? I'm constantly refilling my glass with water/crystal light with the exception of when i'm eating.

11. Any tips that will help on the journey? The journal & food scale. LOVE THEM BOTH. I will admit i don't use the food journal as much as i used too, but i measure everything that's new & until i know exactly what a serving size is. And even then, i'll refresh myself now & then. Being honest with myself about what i'm eating & how much and exercising. If i do that, I know where i need to adjust or put more effort into. We as a family are not eating out like we used too. Not only has that saved us a tremendous amount of money, but i've learned that the majority of chain restaurants have their menus and nutritional values on their websites & i need to review them before going. The boys laugh because we'll pull over to a parking lot until i can find one on my cell with a menu so i know what I'm eating. When that fails & still not very often, they get drive thru from anywhere & i get Wendy's chili and a baked potatoe. (if there's no Wendys - they wait til we get home....yep that's a fun ride home! NOT! LOL)

Best of luck with your journey!