Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All about me

I don't really know where to begin so I guess i'll just jump right in.

My name is colin. Im 23 and im obese. I had my initial consultations on Wednesday and I hope to be banded by spring.

I finally got the motivation to do something about my weight after seeing my best friend get banded with astronomical results. He lost 125 lbs in about 10 months and now Im stepping up to the plate.

I think I was always chubby, but low self esteem lead me to believe I was a lost cause. In the last few years, my weight has gotten to be a real problem. I had a long term relationship with someone who had very unhealthy eating habbits and i adopted them myself.

When I weighed in on Wednesday, I was up to 350. I can't believe it ever got that bad. Its definitely time for a change.

There isn't much in life that worries me. After being shot and losing an eye in separate incidents, not much phases me, but right now Im legitimately scared. Im scared I wont be able to do this. Ive been handed a once in a lifetime opportunity here to change myself and I really can't stand to think that I could let it slip away.

The people I have met here so far have been overwhelmingly kind and supportive. I want you all to know that each and every one of you is an inspiration to me if just for taking the first step in this journey. I wish everyone here the very best of luck and I look forward to making friends with all of you

You seem very sweet! I'm proud of you (although I don't know you yet) for beginning your journey! I got to a point, too, where I was like WOW how did this happen? I was banded tuesday the 25th of this month and I am still healing. I'm very sore but also VERY happy to have been banded. I have a new head on my shoulders and I am beaming! I cannot wait to be that thin, healthy, fit, happy woman that I know is in me.

I'm glad that you've found lapbandtalk. It helped me SO much in my beginning phases of the process. I started everything in may of 2010. If you would like to chat further, have questions, advice, need a buddy, I'm here! WISHING YOU LUCK!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches