Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help

I had my surgery 9/2/10. Did great, I have lost 28 lbs. I have had 2 fills. Went couple weeks ago to get another and Dr. wouldn't do it. He said he didn't think I couldn't tolerate it and I had lost only 2 lbs. I did have trouble after the 2nd fill with things getting stuck. Had to really slow down and chew very well. Any way I have started to exercise a little. He wants me to exercise 45 min. 5 days a week. I am only eating my 1 cup. My tipical day - Protein Drink, yogurt, Soup, cheese, chicken. Can someone give me some ideas on what I should do to get this moving again. Needing help/ideas. Thanks

I had my surgery 9/2/10. Did great, I have lost 28 lbs. I have had 2 fills. Went couple weeks ago to get another and Dr. wouldn't do it. He said he didn't think I couldn't tolerate it and I had lost only 2 lbs. I did have trouble after the 2nd fill with things getting stuck. Had to really slow down and chew very well. Any way I have started to exercise a little. He wants me to exercise 45 min. 5 days a week. I am only eating my 1 cup. My tipical day - Protein drink, yogurt, Soup, cheese, chicken. Can someone give me some ideas on what I should do to get this moving again. Needing help/ideas. Thanks

Try avoiding foods that are soft and liquid, like the soup, yogurt, and Protein drinks. They have a lot of calories but slide through the band and so you don't get full from these foods. My doc says nothing with a spoon.

I had my surgery 9/2/10. Did great, I have lost 28 lbs. I have had 2 fills. Went couple weeks ago to get another and Dr. wouldn't do it. He said he didn't think I couldn't tolerate it and I had lost only 2 lbs. I did have trouble after the 2nd fill with things getting stuck. Had to really slow down and chew very well. Any way I have started to exercise a little. He wants me to exercise 45 min. 5 days a week. I am only eating my 1 cup. My tipical day - Protein drink, yogurt, Soup, cheese, chicken. Can someone give me some ideas on what I should do to get this moving again. Needing help/ideas. Thanks

You don't say whether or not you're hungry. That's the sign of needing a fill...or possibly just not eating what your body needs. A few ideas though...

Your meal should allow you to be hunger free for about 4 hours. If it doesn't, perhaps a small Protein snack mid-meal would help (an ounce of cheese, hardboiled egg, etc.) . Yogurt or Protein Drink is fine for Breakfast if it gets you through the morning. lunch and dinner, according to my surgeon, should be 3 oz of protein, 1/2 cup of vegies and 1/4 cup of starch (maybe and only if I'm still hungry).

Record everything you put into your mouth in something like fitday.com. You'd be surprised how fast the calories add up with cheese and Soups. Once you know for sure how many calories you're eating, then you'll be better able to figure out why your weight loss has slowed.

Don't expect major losses. One person I know only lost 3/4 of a lb per week. I only lose 1 lb per week and that's only if I stick to a 1200 calorie diet. Have enough days at 1600 calories and I don't lose anything. A lot will depend on your own metabolism.

Some people see a faster weight loss when they exercise. That hasn't been my experience, although I do feel better.