Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 1 year

I was banded 1 year ago today. The scales showed exactly 60 lbs. less today than 1 year ago. I had a hard time during the holidays but am on track once again. I was overfilled for a while and had to loosen my band so that i could eat the right foods again. Started out at 237lbs, 177lbs today. Is this a good loss for a year or do I need to be more agressive? I have read this forum for a few mths but just joined. It has not been an easy fix, but it has forced me into eating better.

You are the only one who can answer that question, but 177 lbs. is looking PRETTY good from way up here!

Congrats on your success.

I agree. You have done a wonderful job with your weight loss. I hope I will be able to show the same results in a year. I am not loosing that much at this time, but I am not giving up.

Keep up the good work!

quote name='dk4k' timestamp='1295628433' post='1564548']

You are the only one who can answer that question, but 177 lbs. is looking PRETTY good from way up here!

Congrats on your success.

I am almost a year out and have lost 50 pounds started at 236 now 186 and i hope to lose another 5 pounds by Feb 16th which is my one year anniverseray of having the band! I think we are doing awesome!! Not everyone loses 3 pounds a week....a steady 1-1.5 pounds is great! keep up the good work! and just think about how awesome you feel now when compared to how you felt before the band. This is teaching us to eat right and watch our portions!

That is right in line with the expected weightloss with Lapband. I think you're doing great!! Keep on pushing to get to your goal!

This question really needs to be answered by you. I think 60 pounds gone is awesome but if you know in your heart that you could have worked harder then you need to step it up and lose even more in the year to come. Good luck to you.

You are doing AWESOME..............

Slow and steady.......it sounds like you are on your way to succeeding!!!

Way to go.

Jackie

Well I'm only down 40 pounds since surgery but I've had my own issues with the band...some due to the band, some due to me...but I'm still happy with 40 pounds. Right now I'm only losing 1 lb per week and I'll take it and not complain.

I have been banded a year on the 13th !! I started at 220 and now I am at 165 ... so 55 lbs.. I think we are on the right track.. I am so much happier!!!! What were your symptoms that your band was to tight? I think mine might be a little tight.. I have an appt on tuesday of next week to see if there is a problem . I have a lot of tightness in my chest area after eating. I especially feel it when I am laying down.

That is over a pound a week--nothing to laugh at. Celebrate it Just has my one year anniversary--down 75lbs. Didn't make the 100lbs I wanted to, but no way will I negate this success.