Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Queasy, nauseous feeling..diarrhea?:

:eek2: I was banded on the 10th and had what I found out by reading a lot of these posts were the expected gas problems and port soreness. Have been doing good getting better, losing weight etc. For some unknown reason I ended up with diarrhea wed. and yesterday I was feeling queasy and nauseous and and had the diarrhea again. Has anyone else had this happen a week after surgery? I have heard there is some kind of bug going around but I haven't been out around a lot of ppl. I haven't thrown up or anything just queasy and when I was out I picked up some liquid nausea medication just in case. I'm terrified of throwing up and having my band slip. Any insight or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am still on my post-op liquid diet ( creamed Soup etc.).:(

That sounds like the flu to me. I would call your doc and see what to do about your diet etc. Clear Liquids may be better with the flu.

I specifically asked my doctor how we should handle the stomach flu if we ever get it.... if you know you threw up due to a stomach virus then call the office right away b/c they can call in a script for Phenergram suppositories which will stop the vomiting right away. Throwing up too much can make the band slip....

I felt that way about two days ago, it passed for me. But it may be a bug. Definitely listen to BlairE and call your Dr if you start vomiting.

I got banded on the 11th and about 5 days afterward I developed loose stool like diarrhea which I still have. It seems to be letting up a bit but I too wondered if I had gotten a virus. It's just from all the liquids. I have been queasy since I got the band but today I feel alot better. Last night I ate a bite of mashed potatoes which did give me a big slime episode. After that though, I slept the entire night without any nausea.

I was banded Jan. 18 and last night I thought I was going to die form pain. I had extreme diarrhea and I hav eno idea where it came from. I was exhausted and got no sleep. I'm now owndering if I am suffering from dehydration which can cause diarrhea. I'm following my liquid plan and trying to fit in the 80grams of Protein but its not working for me. I feel like if I eat everything is going to come right out again. I was on Gas X but it didn't work so I got some Maalox and instantly i felt better. I will see how today goes for me.

I had this issue as well my first week of surgery; I only had 2 BM's and both were loose. The nausea comes and goes; I find I feel more nauseous when I don't eat frequently enough. (I had surgery the 10th). I'm still a bit sensitive to smells as well, so eating has not been the most pleasent experience as of yet. Thank goodness I have had no vomitting (have gagged while brushing my teeth though, and it HURTS), sliming, or PB'ing and hoping to keep it that way. I haven't used my anti-nausea meds as of yet but might break down and try some if it keeps up. I agree with the others; if you're really concerned called the doc to make sure it's nothing more serious. Keep up with the fluids to make sure you're not dehydrated; that might be exacerbating your symptoms as well.