Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today!

Sign in to follow this  

Went to North Metro Medical Center at Jacksonville, Ark., at 7:00 a.m. Was in operating room at 8:45 and out the door headed home at noon. Dr. Rex Luttrell is a kind and gentle man, and he's also a really good surgeon. I did my homework on him and others in the greater Little Rock area.

No issues getting up right after surgery and making many laps up and down the hall (leaning on my wife's shoulder). Had some discomfort with the gas in my shoulder and taking deeper breaths, but it's already gotten better over just the 7 1/2 hours I've been home. Absolutely no pain from my incisions -- yet. Figuring they'll wake up tomorrow.

Told only family and two friends before the fact but about 15 friends via an e-mail after the fact and support/encouragement/understanding have been unanimous. I have lost 80-125 pounds through Weight Watchers once and on a medically supervised liquid supplement diet twice, but always regained. Was 396.6 pounds two weeks ago today. Post-op diet left me at 377.8 this morning, and I am headed for 250.

The band is a tool I will use to help me lose weight and keep it off. I am 100 percent committed to following the rules, not cheating the band and getting back into a steady walking regimen, which my wife and I have done well at many times (but not lately). None of us has any guarantees in life, but I like my chances of living longer at 250 pounds than 400. Haven't posted much here but have read a lot. Thanks to everyone for sharing advice, thoughts, fears, etc.

As I said to my niece in an e-mail today ... YEA ME!

Went to North Metro Medical Center at Jacksonville, Ark., at 7:00 a.m. Was in operating room at 8:45 and out the door headed home at noon. Dr. Rex Luttrell is a kind and gentle man, and he's also a really good surgeon. I did my homework on him and others in the greater Little Rock area.

No issues getting up right after surgery and making many laps up and down the hall (leaning on my wife's shoulder). Had some discomfort with the gas in my shoulder and taking deeper breaths, but it's already gotten better over just the 7 1/2 hours I've been home. Absolutely no pain from my incisions -- yet. Figuring they'll wake up tomorrow.

Told only family and two friends before the fact but about 15 friends via an e-mail after the fact and support/encouragement/understanding have been unanimous. I have lost 80-125 pounds through Weight Watchers once and on a medically supervised liquid supplement diet twice, but always regained. Was 396.6 pounds two weeks ago today. Post-op diet left me at 377.8 this morning, and I am headed for 250.

The band is a tool I will use to help me lose weight and keep it off. I am 100 percent committed to following the rules, not cheating the band and getting back into a steady walking regimen, which my wife and I have done well at many times (but not lately). None of us has any guarantees in life, but I like my chances of living longer at 250 pounds than 400. Haven't posted much here but have read a lot. Thanks to everyone for sharing advice, thoughts, fears, etc.

As I said to my niece in an e-mail today ... YEA ME!

Wow! you are on the way. woo HOO! I'm just starting my pre-banding tests. good luck to you!

Good for you KBKB. As with all of us, my history with weight loss has been a huge yoyo and the most weight lost was with the old weight watchers plan where I lost 140 lbs. and put it back years later. After reaching 325 lbs. and wearing a xxx large shirt with one illness after another becoming diagnosed, I decided enough was enough.

I started watching what I ate right after the LB seminar and was banded on 10/4/2010. I hit my 80 lb. weight loss yesterday. The band is a tool and I will tell you that you must be patient with it. Until you receive the correct amount of fill you may get a little frustrated. Be patient, it will happen.

Walking helps tremendously! I walk 2 miles daily during lunch at work, then walk on a treadmill at night. I also go bike riding when weather permits. I did not have the energy or the will to do any of theses things until I started dropping the weight. You can do this and congratulations to you.