Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had 2nd fill on Tuesday, now having PROBLEMS!!

I had my second fill on Tuesday and everything went fine. I was able to eat yesterday without any problems. However, today has been another situation all together. For Breakfast I had a Protein Shake, no problem there. For lunch, I tried beanless chili which is normally no problem; I managed to get about 4 bites down then had horrible pain and had to throw it up. I have been able to drink liquids without any problem. For dinner I tried some soft scrambled eggs, again I managed to get down about a half dozen bites and started hurting again and had to throw it up. I am not forcing myself to throw up, it comes up without any help on my part. There is no acid in it, so I am assuming it is coming from my pouch. Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. I am puzzled since I was able to eat without any problems on Wednesday and just started having the problems today. Again, I have no problems with the liquids.

Thanks,

A.J.

Not unusual for fills to have a delayed effect. Back down to liquids for tonight, and consider drinking warm liquids too (herbal tea is good, or even warm Water with lemon).

Tomorrow, you can do a Protein shake again for breakfast if you like.. or you can try something soft, like yogurt or cottage cheese. Or you can wait for lunch to try soft foods. Whichever you choose, try drinking something warm (coffee, tea, etc.) a little bit before you eat. Warmth can loosen the band just enough to let you eat.

If this doesn't work and you continue to have issues with food coming back, call your doctor. In fact, you may want to call them when they open anyway and see what they advise.

I've been slightly too tight before and the warm liquids usually does the trick for me. But if your fill is uber tight, you'll need to go in for a tiny unfill. They usually just pull a fraction of a cc back out and it fixes the problem.

Sorry you're having issues. Hope you feel better soon.

I had my second fill on Tuesday and everything went fine. I was able to eat yesterday without any problems. However, today has been another situation all together. For breakfast I had a Protein shake, no problem there. For lunch, I tried beanless chili which is normally no problem; I managed to get about 4 bites down then had horrible pain and had to throw it up. I have been able to drink liquids without any problem. For dinner I tried some soft scrambled eggs, again I managed to get down about a half dozen bites and started hurting again and had to throw it up. I am not forcing myself to throw up, it comes up without any help on my part. There is no acid in it, so I am assuming it is coming from my pouch. Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. I am puzzled since I was able to eat without any problems on Wednesday and just started having the problems today. Again, I have no problems with the liquids.

Thanks,

A.J.

It may be you are at your sweet spot im at my 4th fill and am having similiar symptoms. We both need to put down the fork after a few bites and eat very slowly.

I would also recommend backing down to a liquids for at least 24 hours. I might also suggest calling your Drs. office just to let them know what is going on. Like Beachbunny said,-- you may be very close to your sweet spot......cut back on your portion size, and slow it down beyond your normal eating rate. Hang tight.

my doctor has his patients all back on a liquid diet for the first 3 days after a fill, gives the stomach time to adjust to the new constriction w/out any extra stress......

I would like to thank everyone for their advice. I think that I might just try liquids for the next day or so and see what happens around Monday. If I am still not able to get food down, then I will give my Dr's office a call.

Thanks,

A.J.

My Dr put his patients on liquids the day before the fill, the day of the fill (but only after the fill, nothing before), liquids the day after, soft the day after that, mushy the day after that, then solids. It's all new trauma to your tissues, they need time to recover.