Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lap drs in houston area

Guest slimtonya

Hi Afterglow! I keep wafering back and forth about self-paying. Can you give me an idea of how much for lap band with Dr. Spivak and a price range of monthly payments, so that I can see if I can swing it. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Marie

I cant even imagine Dr Spivak employing such unprofessional people. He's the consummate, caring professional himself. In my consult with him, I offered the suggestion that I might want bypass but he told me the lapband would be better for me. I'm healthy and dont have any issues that would make bypass any more dangerous than it already is so I'm sure other doctors would have been glad to take the extra $$$ for bypass.

Dr Spivak's employees are busy, but not too busy to make you feel important. And, if you check references nationwide, Dr Spivak is one of the most respected, best educated and most experienced in the WLS field.

:)

I'd stay away from Speigel's office. My consult was drive-by at best, the wife was discouraging about my insurance (why? too much trouble?), office staff unprofessional. Example: I'm trying to get back the material I sent them before I decided to run. they told me I needed to send $25 to get my medical records. They claimed they never rec'd the money order. His office operates on a cash only basis...what is up with that? Day before yesterday I rec'd an envelope from their office that was supposed to contain the psych eval my psychologist had faxed them. Instead I rec'd an empty envelope from them, addressed to me, that had never been sealed. ay Chihuahua........Needless to say I have since found another sugeon, but I wasted time with those ******* ... and what about their hokey adverisements?? yuck.

Don't waste your time.

We have a lot of good surgeons to choose from here in the Houston area. You CAN have a caring doctor who takes his time, efficient, kind and professional office staff, great aftercare, and experienced doctor. You can have it all.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I think I have already said something on this thread but it doesn't hurt to repeat! :) I had my surgery done by Dr. Spivak and I absolutely LOVE him! He is so nice and caring and is always there with a warm smile and friendly conversation. And his staff is great and will help you in anyway. He is not agressive when it comes to getting fills done. You get them as you need them and if you aren't sure (like I am) you can talk to one of the nurses and let them help you out. I called and talked to Shirley and discussed the things that I am eating and what I can't eat and she scheduled me to come in and do just a barium swallow to just "take a look see". I do that on Wednesday. So maybe I think I need one when I really don't need it. I was really lucky that I was able to pay cash by getting a loan and chosing Dr. Spivak and this surgey was one of the best things I have ever done for myself and for my family.

I wish I had picked another Doc. I had my band by Doc. Speigel and the only reason I picked him is because he would do it with me only needing to lose 55lbs. No other doc. would touch me. Ofcourse I had to self-pay. Doc. Speigel is a Very good Doc. BUT he does not have the time of day for you. He runs you in and out like cattle. If you have anything to say or ask you will have to talk to one of the girls, Well, I did not pay the girls 15,000.00. Now he has his asst. mis-spilled do all of his fills which is fine BUT I was understanding if you have her do the fills you could get in to get you fill just about any time and day. WRONG. I first fill was nothing. I could not eveb tell if he had done anything. Now trying to get back in to get another fill which I have to drive a good 30 miles one way they tell me it will be in TWO weeks. I am very upset. I only hope I don`t gain any weight before than. I would love to go to another Doc. for my fill but being self-pay the first years fill are free. But it better be better than the first one.

Thanks for hearing me fuss.

I wish I had picked another Doc. I

BUT he does not have the time of day for you. He runs you in and out like cattle.

I got the same vibes from him!

I went yesterday for my first fill at the surgicenter. Everyone was extremely nice and willing to help. There were several there that were scared and the staff was wonderful. I personally am glad he isn't doing the fills. I like going to the surgicenter and having them under floro. I picked him because he is a good surgeon. I will get my comfort somewhere else. The surgicenter is perfect for me. Sorry you are having to wait for a fill. I scheduled mine in advance. If I need another one it says to go back within 2 weeks. Why not call his office and tell them that you can't get in in a reasonable time. See what they say.

What is "Under Floro? Is it something for the pain? Everyone told me that its no big deal, no pain, well call me a baby but mine hurt. He had to go deep to find it. Did the doc. do your fill or his asst. What is her name? I can not pronounce it.

Not sure what her name is, but it was his PA. She was great. I had it done at the surgicenter, not his office. After they fill you they make you drink barium and look to see if it is going down properly. Just like they did after surgery. The first time it went really fast so they put more saline in my band and had me drink again. It was a little slower, but I didn't want them to be too aggressive with the fill. I would rather go slow than have problems. I didn't have any pain. It stung a little when I got up from the table with the needle still in me for the fluro picture. However, by leaving it in there they didn't have to stick me again to add more saline. I prefer the surgicenter and want to have all my fills there.

I guess I am just a big baby. DO not think I could walk around witha needle sticking out of me. But it is better than having to have it done twice. I will just have to tuffen up.

I have to tell you I'm so glad I went to Methodist and Dr. Davis. the support meetings are great. They were attended by several dieticians, psychologist, Garth Davis, and we were able to ask questions to all and bounce ideas. They have support meetings (free) on the last Wednesday of every month for us. Office staff of Drs. Garth and Robert are very efficient and trustworthy. When they say they are going to do something, they do it. Imagine that. Great gals, all of them.

Meanwhile, Dr. Spiegel's office, a month later, called me and asked if I was ever going to send in the documentation. I told them I had decided to not have the surgery. Thank you, but no thank you, Dr. Speigel.

Glad its working out for you. Dr. Davis is doing more lapbands now. Sounds like you will have great aftercare, which I think is very important. I haven't seen Spiegel since surgery and don't expect to.

You will soon be in bandland!!

Oh, he's way up far North of Houston, right?

Honestly I don't know a single one of his patients.

Not one.

And I know a lot of WLS patients statewide.

Hi! I am new to this group. I'm a young single mother and I am ready to beat this war I have going on with my own body. I met with Dr. Ferrari a week ago and I am so happy I chose him. He is so gracious and he gives you tons of information before you even go to his office. He spent his time explaining to me the process and how it works. I find him to be very honest and he even (nicely) smashed any unrealistic hopes I may have had.

I really really liked Dr. Ferrari and I like that he uses Memorial City Hospital... He also uses the new facility in North Houston, I have never been there but a friend's husband is part owner and I know he is a big patient's advocate so I can only imagine it's a nice place.

I haven't been approved yet, just doing all the good "pre-tests" they want. I have aetna.

I am excited and ready!!!