Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's my one month bandiversary!

I was banded on December 20th and made it to my one month bandiversary! I am excited that I have lost 20.6 pounds all post op so far! I hated it at first but now I love it. I feel so blessed that I'm not hungry and haven't experienced "bandster hell". I also called my surgeons office today to ask about fill costs because I go in next Thursday for a check up/potential fill. She said that for the first three months they are free and she would check my insurance for me and call back. She called and said insurance pays 100% and I don't even have a copay!! I've had a great experience so far and I hope all of the other newbies have as well. I'm hoping that at this rate, I'll be ready for my wedding in no time!

I was banded on December 20th and made it to my one month bandiversary! I am excited that I have lost 20.6 pounds all post op so far! I hated it at first but now I love it. I feel so blessed that I'm not hungry and haven't experienced "bandster hell". I also called my surgeons office today to ask about fill costs because I go in next Thursday for a check up/potential fill. She said that for the first three months they are free and she would check my insurance for me and call back. She called and said insurance pays 100% and I don't even have a copay!! I've had a great experience so far and I hope all of the other newbies have as well. I'm hoping that at this rate, I'll be ready for my wedding in no time!

CONGRATS I HOPE I HAVE THE SAME FORTUNE AS YOU, I JUST HAD MY SURGERY MONDAY ON THE 17TH STILL DEALING WITH PAIN BUT SO READY FOR THE NEW LIFE OF LOOSING :rolleyes:

Glad to hear things are going so well! Keep up the good work, 20 pounds in a month is just awsome. However, be aware that at some point it will probably slow down. Best wishes!

woooho! Amber! I was banded on the 20th too! I go for my first fill tomorrow! Im so nervous, I hate needles but I cant wait to start losing more weight and feel that restriction! my fills are covered too :)

Congrats, Amber!!!!

I was banded 12/20 as well & have lost 19lbs. yeah to us biggrin.gif

Sounds like we're having similar experiences - so glad to survive the first month, no drama or complications (knock on wood!), no real "bandster hell", trying to follow the rules, etc. I Zumba'd for the first time ever today - it was a blast!

My first fill is not til Feb 2 so post again after yours & let us know how it goes.....

cheers,

chloe

Hi Folks, congrats on the 20lbs lost. You and I were banded on the same day, Dec 20th, I've lost 18lbs to this point. I just got my first fill today, but my Dr told me that insurance doesn't cover fills for the first 90 days. What insurance do you have that covers your fills? I thought it sounded funny, because my Dr wants me to pay $75 cash for the fill and I'm tempted to call my insurance company to see what their policy is. I have Aetna insurance.

I have BCBS of AL. I'm also a teacher so I have the peehip policy. They told mantua first three months were free bc you are still considered post op but thankfully mine are 100% covered. I'm so glad that we are doing so great and haven't had bad moments! I guess we deserve it for having to be miserable through Christmas! lol I'm nervous about my fill too but it doesn't last long (hopefully) and it will be over before we know it. I think after the gas pains, I can handle a needle! Good luck everyone!