Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Charlotte January Chat Time

Hey Girls, Thanks for the well wishes. I just got home around 8:30pm and i am doing fine. A bit sore but ok. It's not as bad as the lapband. Weird huh? So far that is. Dr B wasnt able to do my surgery until after 12 because the surgery he had in front of me had a hard time. So I was on pins and needles. But I am doing great. A bit tired still so I am going to lay down and go to sleep. Thanks again for checking up on me. I will update more tomorrow.

So glad to hear things went well. I am sure you scared a little when yours was delayed because of complications from the one before you. YIKKES. Get some rest and you will be back to normal in no time.

Melissa - nothing will be done to my port right now. It's just tilted he can still get the fills know that he knows where the port is. If it moves again I will go back under fluro. If it's flips totally over it will be a simply little same day thing of him going in and flipping it back over.

Sounds likd you had fun on your trip...but now you need to get some rest also.

Happy Friday...Oh my washer and dryer are coming tomorrow!!! I am so excited!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great fun filled weekend and relaxing at the same time.

Thats great Kim that you don't have to have anything done to the port right now. That's one of my biggest fears having to go back to surgery for something.

We all know what Kim's going to be doing this weekend...laundry...LOL. What kind did you get? We bought the front loading ones when we bought this house and really like them. Though Paul would love the have the Neptune...we couldn't afford that at the time because we were having to buy so many appliances at once.

Did anyone ever get dance dance revolution? If so...how do you like it?

Waiting on the doctor to call back about Karah. Her fever this week has been low grade (lower than 101) and she only had a slight fever once yesterday. But her cough is horrible. She wanted to sleep with me last night. And I don't think I slept very much because her cough was so bad, she can't be resting much. Her jeans are all really baggy on her (she has lost more than me the last 2 weeks) and I can't get her to eat more than a couple of bites of anything. She finished her antibiotic yesterday and I think I want them to just check her out to make sure she doesn't need more. She has missed two weeks of school already. I really wish my dad had of taken her back earlier in the week, but I told him to use his judgement, and he felt she was on the mend....and she is...its just seems awful slow.

Melissa

Wow a lot has happened since I've been on last.

Angie-Wow, I'm so glad your home and gallblatterless and feeling good.

Kim- Goodnews that he can do it back in the office next time.

Melissa-It sure sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Glad the little one is feeling better.

Spoke with Loretta the other day and she would like to meet us for lunch on Wednesday downtown. 11:45 Showmars our normal spot. So come and join us.

I'm not sure this fill is working. I felt fuller in the begining of the week than I do now. The scale says I'm up 3 pounds which really ticks me off. So I'm now going back on my no checking the scale more than 1 time everyother week. errrrr

Have a good day.

I am so happy that everything went so well! I hope you get plenty of rest and start to feel good as new!

Denika

Thanks everyone. I am a bit sore but that is to be expected. I have slept most of the day today. Hopefully I can hold off on the meds tomorrow. They make me sleep to much. :notagree Ok just wanted to update you. Going to go walk around the house a bit and get the stiffness out. TTYL!

Angie

Keep moving Angie, I'm sure it will help. Glad to see you are on the mend.

Update on Karah: took her back to the doctor today. She still has crackle and wheezing in her left lung so he switched her to a new anitbiotic. This one cost me 58...I about had a heart attack. The pharmacist warned me before he filled it, and I was like, well gotta have it anyway. Thankfully I could afford it, but I remember a time when 58 might not of been in my budget...and thats with insurance...how do people that don't have insurance or have lower incomes do it? Anyway...end of rant. She goes back Tuesday to recheck, they will do xrays then again if needed. The doctor also told me not to worry too much about fevers under 100, apparently children can fluctuate normally temp wise. I'm glad I took her in though, at least we found out the antibiotic wasn't working. Going to try to keep her quiet this weekend and hopfully she will be able to return to school next week. Her class all sent her get well cards today, it was so sweet and it made Karah smile. She has missed her friends so much. She has literally been begging to go to school.

Melissa

How you doing Angie?

I am doing laundry...Oh my I was excited about doing it today but my husband has found stuff that I didn't even know he had anymore that needs washed. Enough is enough....

We have family in town so we spent a good bite of time with them. Started to get my kitchen organized better....less clutter. So Mike said I can use it more. I guess I need to mess it back up so I don't have to start cooking alot. haha

Hope everyone had a great saturday....I am off on Monday and Tuesday so I am really looking forward to the long weekend for me.

Hey I am doing great thanks! I have been up and about without pain meds for two days now. I feel really good. This was such an easy procedure! I can't believe how I have done with it compared to the Lap-band. I have 5 incisions on my belly with small little holes. He did a rockin job and I so love Dr. B. He is great! Thanks for checking on me. I appreciate it.

Angie

GO PANTHERS!

Angie, I'm glad you're recovering well!

Aunt Flo came to visit yesterday, after being gone for over two months. On top of that, I'm coming down with something. I'm achy and running a low grade fever. I have little appetite, but otherwise I haven't had any other symptoms, so I'm not sure what's going on. I came home from church and went straight back to bed for a couple of hours.

I hope everyone else is doing OK.

Sorry your not feeling well Karen.

Glad your feeling so well Angie.

Kim, can I bring up my laundry?

I sure hope this medicine helps Karah Melissa.

Things are quiet at my house today. Jim's at GF house till half time. Kelly's at youth group and Garry is on a flight to Florida for the week.

I'm feeling a bit low but hopefully I can SNAP OUT OF IT! soon. Have a good day, and go Panthers!!!

Melissa, How is Karah doing? I hope all is going well with her. I have been thinking about her.

Kim, How is little Curtis and his ears? Poor little guy has been through it!

How is everyone else? I havent seen Kathy around much lately! WHERE ARE YOU KATHY! :)

I tell ya, I went through this surgery and I have lost 5 pounds! Yeah, since Thursday! That freaking rocks! I about jumped through the floor upstairs when I got on the scale! :clap2: FUN FUN!

I also about popped a staple out last night jumping up and down for the Panthers WIN! OMG that was an awesome game. I love me some football girls! Yes I grew up with a bunch of boys and have learned all I can about the sport and even played powder Puff football in high school. lol I was the Kicker! :) But I was so happy last night about the game. We are having a party here next weekend to watch them play in SEATTLE! I so can't wait. I love this time of year. WOOT! But I am staying so freaking :hungry: it isnt funny! I can eat a horse I believe. :help: I will get my fill next month after all this surgery stuff is healed up. Then I can start losing again.

Ok I am typing too much? Or not enough? lol I am just rambling and bored and in need to chat with someone. I may jump on IM and play there and see who I can find! :D

TTYL LADIES!!!!

Angie

How is everyone else? I havent seen Kathy around much lately! WHERE ARE YOU KATHY! :)

I'm here! I'm here! I have been frumpy lately...trying to get past it, doing lots of reading. I walked for 1/2 hour today and that felt good. Lots of stress...feeling blah. But I'm checking in on you all!!! So glad you are feeling better, Angie. WTG on a great surgery. Do you miss that organ? LOL

Even I watched the Panthers game. I don't usually get into football but it was a good game, even tough I'm lost most of the time. :) Yay Panthers!

ROCK ON KATHY! You go watching football! It was an awesome game and I can't wait for next week.

I am so happy to have that organ out of me. My back isnt constantly hurting and throbing. It is good to be able to eat and not have indigestion like a you know what. :faint: <that emoticon just cracks me up>

SO life is going to get back to normal and I can concentrate on losing the rest of this weight. I am READY! Good to see you back Kathy. CHEER UP! We love you!! YOU ROCK! :clap2: :flypig: :dance: <angie chuckles> I am goofy tired dont mind me.

Night!

Angie