Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holiday OverPacked Pouch

Please tell me I am not the only one to over pack my pouch during the holidays. I had surgery in July...was doing fine lost 33 lbs....made it through Thanksgiving but one week before Christmas I couldn't stop eating Cookies and fudge...I hope I haven't hurt my band...had some uncomfortable feelings for about 36 hours but it went away...will go in to Dr. next week for a fluoro...

I believe I was doing so well I got careless....thats not good....any comments would be appreciated...icon11.gif

Fortunately, but unfortunately, Cookies and fudge seem to dissolve way to easy, at least for me. I doubt you've overpacked, but please let us know what dr said after fluoro.

Oh yes. I also ate way too much over the holidays. I had a couple days where I was totally surprised at how much I was able to get down. Then the next day (New Year's Day) to be exact, I had THE WORST PB ever in my history. I was eating a Carl's JR Low Carb (lettuce wrapped) burger and my band DID NOT like it.

I guess the band is self regulating? I ate too much and then it gets uppity and makes it tough? Dunno. But I was on a road trip and ended up barfing in a crappy dirty gas station bathroom. Not my finest hour.

And now I can't seem to get through a day without PB'ing. I went back to mushies but that was a no go. So today I'm on liquids. *sigh*

The good news is that I didn't gain any weight. But I also haven't lost any this month....

So we're back on track right? Back on schedule. Back doing what I know is best for my band. I realize the "I can eat whatever I want just in smaller amounts" is SUCH a fallacy. I thrive when I eat the right foods in right amounts and exercise.

Oh Karen, we must be living parallel lives.

I was amazed how much I could eat (and did) on New Years Eve. Ribs and Mac & cheese, (The good home made kind) assorted appetizers and a multitude of other crap. Well, ever since then, my band has been rebelling. I too can't seem to make it a day without a PB..The worst was last night.

I am doing liquids today and tomorrow to see if I can't get the old stoma to settle on down a bit.

Hang in there.

Sal

I am doing liquids today and tomorrow to see if I can't get the old stoma to settle on down a bit.

Wow Sal, yeah, we're on the same page. Today my tummy is so upset and rumbly. It's NOT happy with me. Doing all liquids. The good news is that I just got a low carb cookbook over T'giving and it has a bunch of easy Soup recipes. Yay! I made the BEST black olive Soup today. And it's low carb!! I guess if I have to do liquids (*sigh*) I may as well do YUMMY liquids. But I sure will be happy when Katrinka (my band) settles her little self down.