Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I like your deal here.....!

7/9/09 at surgery 2.7cc (felt restriction 4 weeks)

8/28/09 1st fill +1.2cc = 3.9cc (restriction 3 wks)

09/25/09 2nd fill +1.4cc = 5.3cc (very tight 15 days...then good restriction) Sweet spot

oh don't worry, I'm not eloquent either! I understand we're all unique. I asked my friend if he gives everybody 1 cc or if it's based on the individual, as I would hope it is. She seemed to think that was just his policy to do 1cc at a time, of course this could all be wrong and I have nothing to worry about. But can you imagine being one of those people who needed 8cc's and only got 1cc per month? Wow that would make me discouraged as he11 :)

Mattie, I hope I can express this correctly. I'm not as eloquent as some others on this forum.

It's not necessarily the amount of fill given, it's the willingness to listen to the patient, help them evaluate where they are as regards "the green zone" (which is probably about the same as the sweet spot that others talk about), and adjust the band (fill) accordingly.

And keep in mind that while for some people it is the volume they are able to consume, it's just as often the dimming of appetite. I can still eat just about as much as I could prebanding.. if I tried. I don't try. I eat my measured portions and stop and am satisfied. It's not feeling full, it's a different feeling.

My apologies if I've typed this to you before. I think I've been on the forum a bit too long today. Plus I'm a bit tired from boot camp.

Have a great evening!

I had my first fill yesterday and I think it was 3cc's and she said next fill she would go by the routine questions to find out what I needed but she expected to put in 3 to 3.5 ccs which would put me over halfway filled in a 10cc band. She said I most likely not even notice this fill but the next I should expect more restriction. She said they just can't fill you all at once but not to get discouraged. I would expect after that to be much smaller increments if needed to find the sweet spot. Also for the first 90 days fills are free, so I wasn't charged anything for yesterdays fill. That was a nice surprise because I didn't know that before hand.

Mine went something like this 4CCS, 2, 1, 1, 1.4. I am starting to get restriction and have set up an appointment on Monday for my next. When my cobra ends I have to go to the State's high risk insurance pool. They don't cover any bariactric services so I want to be as close to restrictiona as possible so I don't have to pay for fills!

Julie,

Your doctor's approach doesn't seem reasonable, *but* if you aren't hungry, then your band is working. At the point where you are hungry, then that means you need a fill and you need to have a doctor willing to give that fill. I'd talk to your doctor and find out whether he's going to do that. If not, my .02...I'd find another doctor.

Dear Elfipoo, I am still struggling with this information. It so conflicts with the presentation I received before having the band put in place. Look, I can eat some tuna and a hard boiled egg and be "full" without the band. But if the band doesn't stop me from eating more than this, I still cannot comprehend how it is "working"? I have yet to read on this board (I think) that the band actually stops anyone from overeating. That is what made me buy into this. Don't get me wrong, I know I could force food in regardless, but my friend who had this done, says she CAN "eat so little", not CHOOSES to eat so little. All these posts have me quite discouraged. Especially now that it could be months and numerous visits before it is "working" if it ever "works". *sigh* I don't know what response I expect back that hasn't been posted already. Just trying to figure out what my reality will be I guess :)

Julie,

Your doctor's approach doesn't seem reasonable, *but* if you aren't hungry, then your band is working. At the point where you are hungry, then that means you need a fill and you need to have a doctor willing to give that fill. I'd talk to your doctor and find out whether he's going to do that. If not, my .02...I'd find another doctor.