Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am three months post op. I havent lost anything in over a month. I have no restriction. I have had two fills and go for my third in a few days. I exercise on my eliptical machine 6 days a week 30-90 minutes each time. I vary the times of my workouts so my body doesnt get used to it. I measure my foods, altho I do not calorie count, and yes ive cheated a few times and had a little ice cream or something once in a while but not enough that it should matter diet wise.

I am taking an antidepressant, wich was switched about a month ago and iI am really noticing a difference. I was also placed on birth control to try and regulate my period because after surgery my period lasted for six weeks, was very heavy, and the cramps were horrid. I also have endometriosis.

So why am I telling you all of this?

I think I am losing my mind since the surgery. I have weeks where i am perfectly fine and feel "normal" and then all of the sudden I am an emotional mess. I cry, I get super sad, I get angered easily, I feel down about myself etc. This is a new thing for me. The moodiness is causing issues in my personal life. It effects everything I do. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away?

I have a friend that had the surgery around the same time as I did and she is experienceing the same roller coaster as I am.

I am begining to wonder what the hell is wrong with me. Am I going crazy?

ive only lost 10lbs since surgery(about 3 weeks ago). so that upsets me.

im on meds also. depakote and pristiq. im bi-polar so i DEFINITELY know what you mean about roller coaster and it affecting your life.

i dont have much advice for the weight loss cause im still trying to figure my own out.

but with the moods. try and keep a mood diary with you, like what days you felt what. i had to do that for awhile. its annoying but it helped. take it to your doctor and see what they say. also i cant take birth control because it makes me go insane (more then i already am) haha.

sorry im not too good with advice. good luck though! im here if you need to vent.

I just saw an article saying that some Antidepressants and birth control can affect weight loss. But if your exercising that much maybe check your inches not your weight. You may be loosing inches and gaining muscle weight. I think everyone goes through the emotional roller coasters Lord knows I have. I am either really motivated or crying myself to sleep. I too take an antidepressant and unfortunately I have been out of it this week not a good time to not get it filled... all I can say is hang in there check with your doctor this may be the change in your medication. If nothing else we are on the ride with you. Lets just try not to get stuck upside down :)

Different BCs make me go bonkers. Especially when i would be off of them for a long time and restart. I used to never take them because i have PCOS and amenorhea. I was also told i was infertile so why would i want to take BC just to bleed. Then my DH and i got a surprise DS so now i take them! I have tried Yaz, Low Evra, Seasinique, and Ortho Tricyclen, Ortho Tricyclen Lo....but my absolute favorite is the Nuva Ring.

After three months if you dont feel better ask them to change you to something different. I had to research, research, research everything i tried. I suggest you research depression and hormones and BC pills and see what comes up. Remember, you may not have a MD degree but you are your best advocate and MDs will listen to you if speak up and come to them with reasons why you want to switch.

Honestly, it sounds like you have a LOT going on with your body and hormones right now. A new antidepressant can take quite a while to get used to, plus not all kinds work right for everyone (and you may have been feeling some withdrawl from your previous meds if you switched quickly). That PLUS new birth control PLUS endometriosis PLUS any changes going on in your body due to your new healthier lifestyle could definitely affect your moods and emotions; I would say your body is probably reacting quite normally to all of these changes hitting at once (not that it's comfortable or anything!). Maybe give it all a bit more time to see if everything settles down, but if it gets to be too much check back with your doctor on your new meds--those can be changed more easily, the band not so much!

What worked for me banded Aug 27 down 103 no fills , my dietitian told me that my calorie count needed to be 1500-1300 a day for proper weight lost for my body type. So find out your calorie intake that is needed for your body style and get some type of food tracker that has a activity tracker to see calories burned to what you eat. My gym Anytimefitness has a free website like I explain when you join

I take Zoloft for clinical depression and anxiety. I took it for years before surgery and am still taking it. I also take birth control pills(yes even at 50) or I will have trouble with cysts. I have lost weight maybe slower than others but I am 50. if you do not mind what antidepressant are you on? Some can cause weight gain. I gained 40 lbs. on Paxil over a 4 month period. It takes at least a month up to 6 weeks for them to kick in and you really feel a difference.

You might also consider this. if you are an emotional eater and food was your friend and now it is not there to comfort you . . . it can make you feel crazy, looking for something to make you feel like you do when you can eat for comfort. I do not know you so you may not be an emotional eater but if you are that might be your problem and if you are stressed and depressed it is a tough road to go down without food. If you think that is you go see a therapist and learn some coping skills. That is what I have to rely on.

Cheri