Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HUNGRY after 1st fill

After my first fill, I was ravenous. I was so disappointed, as I had starved through two weeks of preop liquids, and went crazy from hunger two weeks postop.

My second fill helped a little bit, but I never feel full. I feel empty. I'm hoping I get some satisfaction at my next fill.

I feel your frustration. Many of us are told that the band will help with hunger, then when it doesn't turn out that way, we are left to our misery until we can make it to our next fill. You are not alone.

I understand that you all are hungry but I want to know why you dont think you will be hungry? Im not being smart about it either I just want to know why everyone thinks they wont ever be hungry. Your body even with a full band will get hungry because that is what your stomach is meant to do. You may eat less and stay full longer but you will get hungry. I dont understand it. Maybe you all can help me understand it. If your surgeon gave you the correct information you would know that you are going to be hungry. The band does not stop hunger it only keeps you fuller longer once you reach your right fill amount your hunger will be there just not as much. Unfortunately you have to be on liquids after a fill to rest your stomach so you are going to be hungry.

Right. It's like normal. After a few hours I get hungry like everyone else. I'm just not hungry all the time.

I was hungry when i was on liquids after my fill, but it was only one day, I lived! ahha.

I was banded on 12/9/10 and have lost 18 pounds since surgery and 55 pounds to date. I just had my first fill on 1/24/11 and couldn't agree more...STARVING all day long. My doctor requires me to be on shakes/liquids for 2 days, then 1 day of soft (yogurt, etc) and then reintroduce foods slowly. I knew I would be hungry, but not this hungry. I can't wait to have some real food:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches