Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I expect from my first week appointment

Hi Im new here and I was Banded 1 week ago. It was banded on January 10th. Tuesday is my first appointment and Im a bit nervouse. I am almost pain free and I wonder if he is going to "poke" at me?

Im ready for food

Hi Im new here and I was Banded 1 week ago. It was banded on January 10th. Tuesday is my first appointment and Im a bit nervouse. I am almost pain free and I wonder if he is going to "poke" at me?

Im ready for food

YAYAY!! COngrats!! Please let us know how it goes!!

I was banded on the 12th and will have my 1st appt on or about the 24th!

Nothing....well, I didn't get anything. Lay on the table, let me take .2 sec to look at ur incisions to make sure they r not infected, u keeping liquids down, great go to mushys, and see u in 4 weeks to discuss a fill....I waited 30 min for my appt and no lie I was in the room for 3 min... nothing to be worried about :)

Waiting on approval from the insurance company. I'm on pins and needles! I. Can't. WAIT! I'm trying to get my kitchen/work/life organized prior to the (hopeful) surgery.

In your opinion, banders, which type of Protein drink/powder was best? Which ready-made tasts best. I teach school and will not have access to a blender, but I do have a little mini refridgerator.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! (oh, and keep your fingers crossed!)

TnLamb

Yea he just touched my stomach then I left. Pretty much it.

tnlamb408: Myoplex lite pre made, all flavors, I don't like the powder anyways they taste gross. Or pick up some Isopure at GNC.. it's "juice" like so at least it's something but chocolate flavor (I would put some sugar free kool aid in it to make it taste better)

YAY I was banded on the 10th also and just had my one-week apttoday.. It went great. i first got weight then they checked vitals then dr looked at my cuts and then i asked her the questions i had and that was it.. It was very good/quick!!!

Keep me posted maybe we can become buddies since we were banded same day :)

Hi Nicole,

My name is Lori IM 49 and decided I had to do this due to having arthritis and needing double knee replacements. So I thought I would try this instead. So far so good. I have lost 10lbs and I do have more energy. My knees are feeling better with the little bit of weight. I wished it would come off fast but I know it wont. I also am on an anitdepresant and I am hearing it might hinder weight loss. So lots of new things to discover. Lets keep in touch

Lori

YAY I was banded on the 10th also and just had my one-week apttoday.. It went great. i first got weight then they checked vitals then dr looked at my cuts and then i asked her the questions i had and that was it.. It was very good/quick!!!

Keep me posted maybe we can become buddies since we were banded same day :)