Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rambling On

Finally, I've been motivated to exercise. I was banded back in Sept 2010 and I decided to wait until around 90 days post op to begin a decent exercise regime. My daughter plays basketball and fortunately for me her high school is brand new which includes a state of the art exercise facility and a indoor track. I've been hitting the track 3 times a week for at least a hour. My latest accomplishment has been 30 laps in 60 minutes. Now let me just say this my mouth be dry, my legs burn like crazy and my breathing is finally getting better. The down side for me is my hair!!! My edges get nappy pretty quickly from the sweat because my hair is natural and pressed out not relaxed. Moving on. I only know I'm losing weight because other people tell me. I don't own a scale. I have missed my last two doctor appts because of the snow and bad roads here in Michigan. I know I need a fill for several reasons the main one being when I went in for my last fill the darn nurse couldn't get any in the band but somehow she managed to take some out probably leaving me without anything at all. I want to start working on my arms and toning my belly down but I'm afraid I'm going to somehow hurt the band. Any suggestions on this would be great. What are you guys eating for Protein? How many meals a day are u getting in?

I'm just releasing some thoughts that have been on my mind.

Finally, I've been motivated to exercise. I was banded back in Sept 2010 and I decided to wait until around 90 days post op to begin a decent exercise regime. My daughter plays basketball and fortunately for me her high school is brand new which includes a state of the art exercise facility and a indoor track. I've been hitting the track 3 times a week for at least a hour. My latest accomplishment has been 30 laps in 60 minutes. Now let me just say this my mouth be dry, my legs burn like crazy and my breathing is finally getting better. The down side for me is my hair!!! My edges get nappy pretty quickly from the sweat because my hair is natural and pressed out not relaxed. Moving on. I only know I'm losing weight because other people tell me. I don't own a scale. I have missed my last two doctor appts because of the snow and bad roads here in Michigan. I know I need a fill for several reasons the main one being when I went in for my last fill the darn nurse couldn't get any in the band but somehow she managed to take some out probably leaving me without anything at all. I want to start working on my arms and toning my belly down but I'm afraid I'm going to somehow hurt the band. Any suggestions on this would be great. What are you guys eating for Protein? How many meals a day are u getting in?

I'm just releasing some thoughts that have been on my mind.

Hi, I hope its getting easier for you. That's great that you are hitting the track, and 30 laps in 60 mins is awesome!!I was just banded, literally 3 days ago on Friday 1/14. It's hard to deal with the incisions and the gas pain is horendous. I would say you have goten thru the worse if you are already being so active. For Protein I am looking forward to eggs, tuna, chicken salad and lots of smoothies. I am still on the liquid diet and its pretty challenging to watch others eat the food I love and I am not allowed to eat right now for fear I could choke and die!! No pain no gain right?? We r going to look great soon though, keep up the good work!!

Hi, I hope its getting easier for you. That's great that you are hitting the track, and 30 laps in 60 mins is awesome!!I was just banded, literally 3 days ago on Friday 1/14. It's hard to deal with the incisions and the gas pain is horendous. I would say you have goten thru the worse if you are already being so active. For Protein I am looking forward to eggs, tuna, chicken salad and lots of smoothies. I am still on the liquid diet and its pretty challenging to watch others eat the food I love and I am not allowed to eat right now for fear I could choke and die!! No pain no gain right?? We r going to look great soon though, keep up the good work!!

OMG! you will be feeling better in no time. i was banded on a tuesday and that following monday i was ready to roll, however my family wouldn't let me. they did everything i needed them to do and then some. I have been buying those tuna lunch kits to keep in my desk at work. I do need to start back drinking at least one Protein shake per day. Maybe I'll do that starting tomorrow when I go back to work. Anyways congrats to you on joining the bandsters this journay will be long but it will be so rewarding

I want to start working on my arms and toning my belly down but I'm afraid I'm going to somehow hurt the band. :::snipped::::

For arms (I'm assuming you mean the back of the upper arms, where many of us get "batwings") google "tricep kickbacks" to get descriptions and/or videos on how to do them.

I've been doing regular abdominal crunches (very similar to what we used to call situps back in the 70's) for a long time and I haven't hurt my port yet. However, my doctor does say "If it hurts, don't do it" and I won't do extreme abd exercises.. like bending backward off of a balance ball and then sitting up.

I'm sure others will give more suggestions, and I could go into more detail, but I'm in a time crunch. If all else fails, consider hiring a trainer for a session or two to teach you some exercises.

Congrats on your 30 laps in 60 minutes.. quite an accomplishment.

Good for you that your started working out! It is such an imprtant piece of the puzzle. Keep it up!

When I walk at the track I bring a bottle of Water and leave it on the side.

I bring Water as well, however i only take a sip every 10 laps and then a full swallow or two when i'm done to help me cool down .

For arms (I'm assuming you mean the back of the upper arms, where many of us get "batwings") google "tricep kickbacks" to get descriptions and/or videos on how to do them.

I've been doing regular abdominal crunches (very similar to what we used to call situps back in the 70's) for a long time and I haven't hurt my port yet. However, my doctor does say "If it hurts, don't do it" and I won't do extreme abd exercises.. like bending backward off of a balance ball and then sitting up.

I'm sure others will give more suggestions, and I could go into more detail, but I'm in a time crunch. If all else fails, consider hiring a trainer for a session or two to teach you some exercises.

Congrats on your 30 laps in 60 minutes.. quite an accomplishment.

thanks for the advice i'll be googling that shortly. my best friend is a trainer but i want to appear like i know what i'm doing in front of him (i kinda love him) dont wanna seem like a total slouch, lol