Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXCESS GAS...HOW LONG?

I just got my band Jan. 10th. Was kinda sore after surgery but not too bad. Stayed overnight and home the next day. My port site is a little sore especially if I turn wrong or move the wrong way but no big deal. What I was wondering is how long it takes to get rid of all the air/gas in your abdomen. I feel like I have enough air in there to fill the Goodyear blimp. So far gas X isn't making much difference. Any other suggestions? :unsure:

I know the gas was the worst part for me. I to was using the gas x and quickly realized it wasn't working. So I got maalox chewables and they helped tremendously! They don't taste as good as the gas x but I didn't care as long as the gas pains went away! Hope this helps...good luck!

I was banded on the 11th and im still a little gassy and I try to push but it hurts and it feels like the air is ready to come out but won't :( how does your port site look? Mine looks pretty icky and black!!

Walk and move around as much as you can but don't overdo it. If GasX isn't working maybe try another type of medication.

My port site doesn't look too bad though there are still steri strips over it. The strips over my other 4 "holes" fell off after showering. They all look a little inflamed around the edges but I think that's normal at this stage. I figure using Neosporine, keeping them clean and just being patient is all one can do.:D

I was banded on the 11th and im still a little gassy and I try to push but it hurts and it feels like the air is ready to come out but won't :( how does your port site look? Mine looks pretty icky and black!!

Don't use neosporin. You're better to let them dry out.

I still have gas, I was banded over a month ago. It's not extreme but I can pretty much burp on command haha

The post-op gas is outside of your stomach, (actually co2) so I'm not sure why an antacid would have any effect. Hmmm.