Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well the question is how sweet does your coffee or tea have to be for you to enjoy it? I like mine on the sweet side. I believe each teaspoon of sugar has 15 cal.

At Dunkin Donuts (at least here in the Boston area) a regular Medium sized coffee is supposed to be 2 tsp sugar 2 creams. In reality they use a spoon that is easily 1 tablespoon (so you really get 2 TABLESPOONS of suger), and two huge pumps of cream. On the Sugar side alone you've added 100 cal. to your coffee.

It boils down to whether you are willing to budget the calories in your day for real sugar in your coffee.

Have you tried Truvia or the Davinci syrups? These are the only ones i can stand.

I have tried Truvia, I hate it, but havent tried the syrups, I might have to give it a try. Thank you and how did you fet the scale on your page? I have one at tickerfactory.com but cant figure how to get it on my page.. Thanks :)

Have you tried Truvia or the Davinci Syrups? These are the only ones i can stand.

Thanks for your input.. I dont need mine to be so sweet I just bsolutely hate artificial sweetners.. I think they ruin my liquid lol.. My whole family uses them.. But your saying I can have a little, it wont kill me right? Thanks again :)

Well the question is how sweet does your coffee or tea have to be for you to enjoy it? I like mine on the sweet side. I believe each teaspoon of sugar has 15 cal.

At Dunkin Donuts (at least here in the Boston area) a regular Medium sized coffee is supposed to be 2 tsp sugar 2 creams. In reality they use a spoon that is easily 1 tablespoon (so you really get 2 TABLESPOONS of suger), and two huge pumps of cream. On the Sugar side alone you've added 100 cal. to your coffee.

It boils down to whether you are willing to budget the calories in your day for real sugar in your coffee.

I use splenda also I have to use a bit more that what I would have with real sugar and yes at first it left an odd tast in my mouth after but I have gotten used to it and now use it for all drinks I drink when I need to add a sweetner.

hmm well artificial sugar is so much sweeter than regular sugar, I don't like it much either. I guess you could use real sugar, depends how much, and how often. If it's occasional I'm sure its fine but if you drink several a day I wouldn't

I'm gonna second the DaVinci or Torani SF syrups... I don't have sugar nor sweetener in my coffee but put a little skim milk and/or SF Syrup in now and again... nice thing is Bella you have a lot of flavors to choose from, now they just need to make lil trial bottles of the syrups :)

OT, for baking I use Splenda a lot and I think it works well and tastes good...

You can use "real" sugar if you budget for it in your daily calories. And provided diabetes isn't an issue. I don't know enough about diabetes to get into that discussion here, but I do know sugar is a problem for diabetics.

Some people are sensitive to the artificial sugars, beyond just the tasting funny, they have GI issues. Keep trying different ones, you may eventually find a formulation that you can live with. Thankfully with banding you shouldn't have dumping issues like the RNY often does.

One of the cardinal rules or guidelines of banding is No liquid Calories. So keep an eye on the amount of sugar you're using so that it doesn't stymie your weight loss.

Hope this helps.

I use sugar in my coffee if you work hard at the gym you will be fine I dont like sugar sub either the only one I can tolerate is sugar free Ice Coffee from McDonalds vanilla